Search results

1. edwarb17

Safely mitigating rust

I've noticed some rust beginning to develop in a corner of my 120g stand. I originally hit the stand with rustoleum acrylic spray, which was an idiotic move since it needs to be oil-based to repel water. I used oil-based Rustoleum paint on the stand facade and DIY stand floor to repel water and...
  2. edwarb17

Starcki Damsel

I've just discovered Starcki Dameselfish and I was curious if anyone here had personal experience with them? Many years ago I had yellowtail damsels in a 20g tank and they were the worst. Bullied my clowns to death. I wrote off damsels from my stocking plan forever. Buuuuuuut - Starcki's are...
  3. edwarb17

Did I just reset the QT clock?

Apologies if this should be in the Coral thread. Just did a water change in my 20g coral qt. I disposed of the old water by siphoning the QT water into buckets that were previously used for fish I was in the process of quarantining. Out of sheer laziness I never sanitized the buckets, and...
  4. edwarb17

Bracing for Hurricane Henri

Admin, please move/delete if I have posted in the wrong forum. Looking for advice on how to get through Hurricane Henri, which is expected to reach me early tomorrow morning and last throughout the day. Current projections are up to 70mph sustained winds with gusts going higher than this. I...
  5. edwarb17

Anthias Transition or...?

I added two female lyretail anthias to my 120g tank several months back (March-ish?) and they've been doing splendidly. They were very small on purchase and fully QT'ed by me. The tank already had a male lyretail anthias (he's huge; literally as long as my yellow tang and he's a bulky dude) who...
  6. edwarb17

Coral QT Lighting

I'm getting ready to set up a coral QT tank and was looking for recommendations on lighting. I'm probably going to do a 10g setup to ease water changes, MAYBE a 20g L. Right now I am considering buying an AI Prime 16 light, but was curious what options the forum would recommend. I'm really...
  7. edwarb17

Anthias QT Blog / Questions

I decided to spend my New Year's Eve setting up my quarantine tank and starting to QT two female lyretail anthias for my male in the DT. I decided to start a QT blog to track my process and get feedback from the forum members, but also to just have somewhere to discuss what I'm doing since my...
  8. edwarb17

Clownfish with Ich or Velvet?

Well, it finally happened. I snagged a pair of clownfish a few days after setting up my QT in the basement. Drove home that evening with the clownfish, found my QT's equipment wasn't working (only the heater was working) and some odd white particulate settled at the bottom of the tank. I tried...
  9. edwarb17

Stocking Recommendations

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on next additions to my 120g tank? It's currently stocked with a yellow tang and one male Indian Ocean Lyretail anthias. I think they've been in this tank for a few months now. I know I want this tank to be a reef tank, but in due time. I just...
  10. edwarb17

Vacation Feeding Help

Hi everyone, Being in CT, I'm hopeful that I'll still be able to travel to Block Island on Labor Day weekend for a somewhat-socially-distant vacation, assuming COVID doesn't cancel my plans. I've got a Yellow Tang and Lyretail Anthias in my 120g DT, and only the Yellow Tang has been open to...