Search results

1. 35ppt

Dosing Kalkwasser using a dosing pump?

As long as you're dosing over an 8 hour period because 12 hour dosing 2.5 gallons is under the 14ml/min minimum on the KCS. The other two mentioned can do as little as 1ml/min.
  2. 35ppt

Dosing Kalkwasser using a dosing pump?

That's only a little less than 20ml/min over an 8 hour period, less if you're doing 12/12. You could get away with the X1 Pro-T at half the cost. It maxes out at 70ml/min and the STP can do 120ml/min. I've been using the Pro-T for several months now for dosing kalkwasser and I have no...
  3. 35ppt

Vince's HNSA 120gal Reef

Run it at the lowest flow rate it's designed for.
  4. 35ppt

Vince's HNSA 120gal Reef

Yep, and a bunch of diatoms. Did you take multiple samples from varying locations and they all look the same?
  5. 35ppt

Vince's HNSA 120gal Reef

Sure do.
  6. 35ppt

Vince's HNSA 120gal Reef

First photo looks like cyanobacteria.
  7. 35ppt

Hitchhiker Identification Guide

I can't quite tell if they're Convolutriloba sp. or some other acoelomorph flatworm like the "Rust Brown Flatworms" but either way I'd remove them. Seems closer to the rust brown ones I guess.
  8. 35ppt

Can you take a photo of one under white light?
  9. 35ppt

Mystery Algae, dinos oh my....

Maybe lightly brushing? Sometimes swishing in water to see what moves (algae) vs what doesn't (tubes) can help. Could try peroxide spray. The worms might be less effected by peroxide than the algae will be.
  10. 35ppt

Do Acrilic Tanks retain copper?

As long as you thoroughly clean it there should be no trace. I believe the silicone retaining copper thing is bull💩 too btw. I used a 20 long to quarantine some fish then later used it for a coral quarantine system, then as a sump for a display. No issues. If you're concerned run some polybio...
  11. 35ppt

I have not personally seen it but I have heard people reporting that they had them successfully reproduce in aquaria.
  12. 35ppt

Mexican Cerith Eggs. 👍
  13. 35ppt

Advanced Tropic Marin Pro Salt - Update

Got sent a tracking number for my new salt bucket today. 👍
  14. 35ppt

Corallimorphs can be difficult to ID based on morphology but basically if it gets more than about a CM I would remove it. https://reefs.com/identification-guide-corallimorphs-reef-aquarium/
  15. 35ppt

Mystery Algae, dinos oh my....

Bunch of diatoms with some Ostreopsis. I wouldn't limit spectrum to blues or reduce intensity. You want green algae to come into dominance then use herbivores to control the green algae. Dinoflagellates are not picky and will do just fine in low light or blue light. I wouldn't be dosing Vibrant...
  16. 35ppt

Ya that last one gives me some ostracod vibes. Could be any of those things I mentioned. Doesn't ring any alarm bells for me.
  17. 35ppt

Can't quite tell from the image but I wouldn't worry about it. I would expect it's some sort of rotifer or copepod.
  18. 35ppt

Crab ID

Mithraculus forceps for sure.
  19. 35ppt

Crab ID

What color is it under white light? I think I see the claws as being cupped/flattened rather than points. OP can you tell us if the tips of the claws are sharp points or more flat/cupped like an emerald crab? Mithraculus forceps I think, basically an emerald crab but redish color. Only thing...
  20. 35ppt

It really is unbelievable!

Sucks you had to deal with that but at least you were prepared! The first sentence made me worry you had the damn uronema pop up again.