Search results

1. S

yellow fish like yellow tang

yea, i had a 8 month old yellow tang that beat the crap out of my purple tang when i added it. removed the yellow tang and replaced it w/ another yellow tang that was similiar size to the purple tang. well the purple tang beat on the yellow for the first 3 days and I think after that, the...
  2. S

yea i got the pyramid butterfly alkready. the yellow tang is something though, that yellow is so intense.
  3. S

i thought about all those fish too, but none of them are reef safe or i have other tangs in the tank that'll likely cause problems.
  4. S

Are there any other fish that are as yellow as a yellow tang and also about the same size?
  5. S

Quarantined CuC

I don’t even know what to do with them all
  6. S

Quarantined CuC

i bought 20 trochus from mike, thy reproduced and now i've got 125+. lol my kids like to sit in front of the tank to count up all the babies now.
  7. S

Sun or heat after dipping in bleach

ok so if its just about drying it out, then i'll just use a fan instead.
  8. S

thanks doc #4

mike, your yellow tang is pretty awesome. it fought back and now the purple stays away. lol the purple got punked by a larger yellow and now the smaller yellow.
  9. S

thanks doc #4

ok i'm going to try that tomorrow
  10. S

thanks doc #4

if the purple tang is the aggressive one, would it make more sense to put the purple in the acclimation chamber and let the yellow kind of establish a territory?
  11. S

thanks doc #4

yea that's the yellow i got from you this week. If things dont improve by tomorrow I"ll have to catch him and put him back into acclimation chamber and see if things will calm down over the next few days. I can't put him in the qt system, my prior yellow is in there and that yellow is 2x the...
  12. S

thanks doc #4

what i don't get is why this tang wants to stay in the corner that the purple tang is at. there's 5 ft of tank width for him to go to! when the lights start to dim, the' yellow will go to the other side of the tank, and the purple will leave him all alone.
  13. S

thanks doc #4

thhe purple is the aggressive one. yellow tang lookse it might have some bite marks. actually looks almost like ich but there's a line through the center of the dot.
  14. S

thanks doc #4

well the yellow and purple tang arn't playing nice. hopefully they settle down. i know when i added the purple, my prior yellow was tearing it apart. I was fairly certain that my prior yellow tang would have killed the p urple tang overnight.
  15. S

Sun or heat after dipping in bleach

After cleaning buckets and stuff in bleach, we've all heard that you should leave the item in the sun for 2 days. Is the objective of these 2 days to have sunlight on the bleach cleaned item or to just get the item hot/dry?
  16. S

Whitetail tang

sigh. man all the fish are starting to come back into stock. i really wanted this fish when I first started, but my tank is filled to capacity now.
  17. S

thanks doc #4

just replaced a yellow tang. my prior one was to aggressive w/ the purple tang that i boughth from mike so i'm hoping this smaller yellow one is more mellow.
  18. S

thanks doc #4

no surprise here. got my 4th shipment from dr reef and everything came out as planned. Fish is healthy and running around in its little prison waiting to be released to the rest of the dt. The package even came w/ a nice ice pack since we've been ahving record 100+ degree heat wave here in so...
  19. S

Introducing Quarantined Inverts.

hopefully this batch of trochus snails are ok. i just added them to my display. normally i would have kept them in QT for 2 weeks, but i needed the QT for something else. lol
  20. S

Introducing Quarantined Inverts.

does heating up the water temp up the qt process? I've always raised the water temp up to 80 degrees in teh hopes that it would cause ich and velvet cycle to speed up.