Search results

1. Rtaylor

Keeping Orange Spotted Filefish (Oxymonacanthus longirostris)

No issues with just keeping 1. I would keep them in pairs, so you could do 2 or 4 in 450L. I wouldn’t go over 4, and if you get more than 2, make sure there are lots of hiding spots, caves, arches, etc. because they will chase each other.
  2. Rtaylor

Keeping Orange Spotted Filefish (Oxymonacanthus longirostris)

Yeah, they will definitely go after the acros. If they are small they could definitely damage or even kill them. Best case would be they stop extending polyps and the osff leave them mostly alone.
  3. Rtaylor

Micromussa or Scolymia…..or?

Thanks! I’m thinking looks more like bowerbanki than lordhowensis
  4. Rtaylor

Micromussa or Scolymia…..or?

Anyone able to ID? I got a small rock with 2 similar shaped corals, but different color combos. The red/orange one is superbright and a single head. The purplish one has 5 heads….so likely not scolymia….. Each one is about 1.5”, with the purple a bit larger given the 5 polyps. Do you think...
  5. Rtaylor

Bleach contamination of tank

It will be completely fine. No need to do anything
  6. Rtaylor

Question of the Day Halloween

Is it too late? Or is that the “old and lazy” again? 😁
  7. Rtaylor

Absolutely 🤓
  8. Rtaylor

😒 boo! 👻
  9. Rtaylor

I love haunted houses/yards…so I’m reviving this thread….. let’s see those Halloween decorations!
  10. Rtaylor

SALE Do you want a part of my collection? *going out of business sale*

@TheWyldZone I’m interested as well. I’d appreciate if you could send me the list too. Thanks!
  11. Rtaylor

TOTM 🎃October 2022 TOTM Submission Thread🎃

I suppose Oscar the abalone is a little creepy looking..
  12. Rtaylor

TOTM October 2022 TOTM Voting Thread

I suppose Oscar the abalone is a little creepy looking..
  13. Rtaylor

Peer reviewed papers

A study on anemone reproduction https://www.mdpi.com/1424-2818/12/12/467/htm
  14. Rtaylor

Peer reviewed papers

An observation of asexual reproduction with s.mertensii https://public.pensoft.net/items/?p=7TVeXpoqfNYT89tyrm3ifrTeG9Wv8P676JSQp%2FH2pj9hhtoybol4GF7LEbj3fxHT5Fo8esHsssAXYZVmZQzUaQ3EG5QWaeJKBYwiji%2BnaHvAMm9j%2FQpyNviUrA%3D%3D&n=mBEDG4R%2BLo9C6Z9Zrmv%2FdL7GG5Xk67r4sq%2Faudmzpz9tjw%3D%3D
  15. Rtaylor

Advanced Lets talk Moorish Idols

Just fyi, the Panta Rhei pellets are no longer available
  16. Rtaylor

MISSION Leopard Blenny

I’d try some flake food….sometimes they go for something you would never expect. I’d put a sheet of nori in too, maybe some algae wafers if you have them. I would expect they aren’t going to readily eat from the water column….maybe use the Masstick as a method for introducing other foods by...
  17. Rtaylor

MISSION Leopard Blenny

Good idea. These guys don’t look like they have a specialized mouth or anything like the filefish…so I would try everything. Some brine shrimp cause most fish like it, fish eggs, reef plankton, even pellets and flake. Live black worms and fresh hatched bbs might get them in the mood too. I...
  18. Rtaylor

MISSION Leopard Blenny

Yeah, it’s no longer available in the US. Maybe not anywhere if it’s truly discontinued. Masstick is a good option.
  19. Rtaylor

Hitchhiker Coral ID

Hmmm…..could be. My main impression for thinking maybe not, is the corallites seem like maybe too close together. They don’t really have space between them…
  20. Rtaylor

Hitchhiker Coral ID

Thanks, but I don’t think so, corallites are too small.