Search results

1. Humblefish

7/16 Current Quarantined Fish List

Have some unclaimed fish up for grabs. If interested, PM me on here or send an email to contact@humblefishaquatics.com. Shipping is $50 per order. Blonde Naso Tang = $180 Schooling Heniochus = $120 Longnose Butterfly = $75 Splendid Pintail Fairy Wrasse = $250 Bluethroat Fairy Wrasse = $135...
  2. Humblefish

Please DO NOT post any reviews on Reef2reef

It has come to my attention that reviews/comments about Humblefish Aquatics are being deleted/moved on R2R. I am not a paying sponsor there, so let's respect that by not infringing upon them. You are more than welcome to post a review or make comments here. Even negative reviews will not be...
  3. Humblefish

Medications to keep on hand

These are the bare essentials I recommend for quarantining: Anti-parasitic: Copper Power with a Hanna High Range Copper Colorimeter (HI702) for testing. Treats Ich & velvet. Anti-parasitic: Metronidazole (e.g. Seachem Metroplex); treats brook & uronema. Dewormer: Prazipro or API General Cure...
  4. Humblefish

Coral Diseases & Pests

Just a few links I know of which discuss coral diseases & pests (and even nuisance algae!) Feel free to add any online sources you know about below. Coral Diseases & Parasites Lionfish Lair's Hitchhikers Guide Lionfish Lair's Algae ID
  5. Humblefish

Chuck's Pictorial Fish Disease Guide

Reposted with permission. With many thanks to Charles & Linda Raabe for creating this wonderful guide. http://chucksaddiction.thefishestate.net/disease.html
  6. Humblefish

Tang Fingerprint Disease

I have no actual experience with this “disease”, so everything I know comes from anecdotal evidence obtained online. Probably the best description of Tang Fingerprint Disease comes from this trusted source: http://chucksaddiction.thefishestate.net/disease.html This Kole Tang had this...
  7. Humblefish

Happy 4th of July everyone!

8. Humblefish

What is everyone doing for the 4th??

Wife & I might be having a guest (from England) coming to visit. The irony, huh? :sneaky: We'll take him to the beach, see some fireworks, etc. What are y'all gonna be doing for the 4th??
  9. Humblefish

Sustainable Aquatics White Papers

Saw this on another forum, and thought I would share it here: https://sustainableaquatics.com/white-papers/ VERY INTERESTING READING to say the least. Two links I highly recommend: Cyanide and the Live Fish Business Fish Loss Management
  10. Humblefish

How to Acclimate

How to Acclimate The purpose of this write-up is to discuss proper acclimation procedures for saltwater fish, corals and invertebrates. Improper acclimation is probably one of the leading reasons why livestock suddenly die after being introduced into an aquarium. This inevitable death can take...
  11. Humblefish

About Humblefish Aquatics

Humblefish Aquatics is a small company which specializes in selling quarantined, conditioned fish. My QT protocol is as follows: All fish are treated with either Chloroquine phosphate or copper + metronidazole. This prophylactically addresses "The Big 4" when it comes to fish parasites: Ich...
  12. Humblefish

Difficult Fish to QT guide

Below is a list of difficult fish to quarantine, with specific recommendations on QT strategies for each group of fish. Angelfish (and their sensitivity to copper) I've never figured out if angels being sensitive to copper is a "thing" or not. They do seem to fare a little better in Cupramine...
  13. Humblefish

Black Molly Quarantine

Preface - Freshwater (FW) black mollies have been used for years in saltwater aquariums for algae control. However, this write-up will focus on their potential for identifying marine fish diseases present in a display tank (DT) and also quarantine tank (QT). The most important detail is to...
  14. Humblefish

Cookies?

How many of you are getting annoying notifications about needing to accept cookies? I'm working on the issue.
  15. Humblefish

Missing the LFS Scene

I don’t know about y’all, but I miss the days of doing the “fish shop hopping” on a Saturday or Sunday. Growing up in the New Orleans area, there must have been a dozen or more shops with SW back in the 80s - 90s. Some I remember: Aquarium Imports (2 locations) Silent World Tropical Encounter...
  16. Humblefish

Testing out some different themes...

... so things might look "weird" for a few days.
  17. Humblefish

Humblefish Aquatics

This poll is in response to a request for my company (Humblefish Aquatics) to advertise on this forum. I have some reservations about doing this, because I wanted this forum to be commercial-free and not about promoting my business. The only stipulation I have is that any other...
  18. Humblefish

New sub-forums?

Hey everyone, We are just a few days old and my expertise is in fish diseases & treatments. However, if you would like to see more sub-forums added (e.g. Reef Chemistry, Aquarium Lighting, Nuisance Algae, etc.) then just let me know!
  19. Humblefish

Fallow periods: Going Fishless

Going Fallow The reason to go fallow (fishless) is to eliminate a fish disease from your DT (display tank). Going fallow works because you are denying the disease a fish host to feed upon, essentially starving it to death. In order to go fallow you must remove ALL fish from your DT. If just...
  20. Humblefish

Ich eradication vs. Ich management

Ich eradication vs. Ich management The purpose of this article is to discuss the pros & cons of ich eradication and ich management, and present the best methods for implementing each. Ich eradication - Simply put, this method means doing everything possible to keep ich out of your tank. That...