Search results

1. lkc

Hyposalinity Fail

Ok. I will slowly raise salinity and keep watch. Thank you!
  2. lkc

Hyposalinity Fail

It's been Selcon. From the start. Maybe I'll have to do more with a medication.
  3. lkc

Hyposalinity Fail

Hi experts, This guy has been in hypo at 1.008 since November 25th. For crypt. His fins cleared the first week. But he's got either trophonts or something else that won't leave. He's had one peroxide bath. Did nothing.looks like an infection coupled with a parasite. I have paragard, kanaplex...
  4. lkc

Peroxide (H2O2) dosing for parasites in reef tank

I think I will just continue on the slow road with hyposalinity. But thank you for your advice.
  5. lkc

All right then. Sounds good and thank you!
  6. lkc

Jessica, Would peroxide be useful for the treatment of crypt in a bare quarantine tank? If a reef can handle it, would a quarantine tank do as well if the reef tank hasn't been affected. Say you bring home a fish and put him in quarantine for observation and it turns out to have crypt....Like...
  7. lkc

HELP Hyposalinity Water Question

Oh thank you Jessica! You're too kind. I just can't bend over at all and how can you pick up a bucket if you can't bend down to grasp it? So, this is my only option. I have a doser, now to figure out how to use it. I got the same one you said you had.....
  8. lkc

Well, a lot has changed since this afternoon. I had a car accident on the way home and broke my sternum. So, I think I am going to slowly raise salinity in the quarantine tanks and put all the fish back into the display and try the peroxide treatment that Jessica has been writing about. She...
  9. lkc

Thank you! I will try one of the other ones.
  10. lkc

Remember, I have a good 76 days of this and it's getting pretty daunting. I can't put the fish back into the DT until it's ready......like Mid Feb I'm guessing. So, even if the fish are in the clear, they have to stay in quarantine.
  11. lkc

Thanks for the reply. The TDS is about 300. I'm in Tarpon Springs Florida, so I have no idea where this water is coming from. My sponge filters are air driven and I inoculate them with Fritzyme daily. I know I can use a reducer like Ammo-lock, prime and others but then that reduces the...
  12. lkc

So, I have crypt....I am on week two of hyposalinity. I have done TTM for years but this time I decided to try Hypo. I removed all the fish from the display and divided them up into two tanks. Tank #1 - 20 Long has a Copperband, a Black sailfin blenny and a yellow watchman. Tank #2 @ ten...
  13. lkc

Vampire or scavenger?

They go down onto the sand. Prime location if you are an isopod. I'll keep checking after lights out and before lights on. I haven't seen anything yet. Thanks!
  14. lkc

Gobies found our pistol shrimp

You are so lucky. My watchman hates my guts and never stays out. I did a very successful TTM with him and now he thinks I'm going to kill him every time I walk by the tank. He found his reward really soon (Candy Striped Pistol) But still....
  15. lkc

Vampire or scavenger?

Gob, if indeed there are more in the tank, will they leave a visible mark where they attache and feed? One that I can see? I put 3 black mollies in about 6 days ago and they are doing well and their skin is black like velvet. I haven't seen any marks on them at all.
  16. lkc

Bonded firefish

3 Years. Then I tore down my tank and took them back to the place I purchased them.
  17. lkc

Vampire or scavenger?

I agree. She didn't really ball up tight. Meh......
  18. lkc

Vampire or scavenger?

Well, she can ball up. The Cirolanid's can't ball up. I guess there's only one way to find out. I need a Guinea fish.
  19. lkc

Vampire or scavenger?

Yes, you are right. But the EYE's......The eyes on the isopod in the wrasse video are tiny and the eyes on my isopods are HUGE! And I've noticed that with other fish that have been attacked by isopods, the eyes on the isopods are tiny. Hence I'm thinking it's not the same pod.