Search results

1. Humblefish

What do you do in the bathroom?

Fun topic! Since we talk so much about the color of fish poop on here, why not ......
  2. Humblefish

Slow?

I've already submitted a support ticket, but is everyone else noticing that the forum is lagging??
  3. Humblefish

How do we know God exists?

I'm probably opening a can of worms, but this is the reef forum where you can talk about anything right? ;) I just ask that we all respect one another's POV on this subject. A little about me: I was actually raised as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I don't think they've got it all right, but I...
  4. Humblefish

Medication Dosing Guide

I wanted to compile a quick reference of the most common aquarium medications we use, and provide dosing guidelines/ranges for each. Below you will find information pertaining to both aquarium brand medications and related generics. Generally speaking, using generics (I buy from here) is...
  5. Humblefish

Rules for buying & selling

Below are guidelines for buying & selling: Asking price must be listed in thread - no "make an offer" or auctions are allowed. Just list a straight up price. Trading is fine, but a cash price must always be listed in case a member has nothing to trade/worth trading for. This way no one can...
  6. Humblefish

Rules for buying & selling

Below are guidelines for buying & selling: Asking price must be listed in thread - no "make an offer" or auctions are allowed. Just list a straight up price. Trading is fine, but a cash price must always be listed in case a member has nothing to trade/worth trading for. This way no one can...
  7. Humblefish

How To Leave buyer/seller feedback

When you click on a Member's profile you will see a trader history button: Click on that to view the buying/selling history for that member, or to submit feedback: So now let's lay a few ground rules: DO NOT post comments which are vulgar, slanderous, disrespectful, etc. or use this as a...
  8. Humblefish

How To Leave buyer/seller feedback

When you click on a Member's profile you will see a trader history button: Click on that to view the buying/selling history for that member, or to submit feedback: So now let's lay a few ground rules: DO NOT post comments which are vulgar, slanderous, disrespectful, etc. or use this as a...
  9. Humblefish

How To List something for sale

When you post something for sale, select "For Sale" as the thread prefix: The first picture/photo you upload will be displayed in the list of threads: When your item has sold, kindly mark it Sold: It will then show as "Sold" in the thread list: If we start getting heavy traffic in...
  10. Humblefish

How To List something for sale

When you post something for sale, select "For Sale" as the thread prefix: The first picture/photo you upload will be displayed in the list of threads: When your item has sold, kindly mark it Sold: It will then show as "Sold" in the thread list: If we start getting heavy traffic in...
  11. Humblefish

Happy Mother's Day!

12. Humblefish

HELP Prefix

Hello everyone - I need your help with creating prefixes that can be used at the beginning of threads. I created "HELP" that can be used for fish diseases and other emergencies. I'm holding off on "For Sale" and "Sold" prefixes (for now) as I look into installing software add-ons that can be...
  13. Humblefish

New Features

This thread is for explaining new features of the forum as I roll them out.
  14. Humblefish

Updates

Hi everyone - I will be installing some new features over the next few days, including a front page (portal) where we can feature information, threads, etc. Some other updates will allow for more advanced searching, image search, opens PDF attachments directly in a browser, buyer/seller...
  15. Humblefish

FREE Kittens - Navarre

FREE kittens to good home! The darker one is a boy, the lighter colored kitten is female. Both are litter trained and eating dry cat food. They are 8 weeks old. :)
  16. Humblefish

A tribute to Lee Chin Eng!

Back in the 1980s I used to read books/magazines all the time about the marine aquarium hobby. Most of the information was geared towards high powered filtration and keeping everything sterile. Most saltwater tanks were full of dead bleached coral skeletons, coarse sand and a single fluorescent...
  17. Humblefish

Is lack of biodiversity a problem?

I setup my first true reef tank sometime in the 1980s, and used all live rock to do it. (We didn't even realize back then that "dry rock" was an option.) Anyway, I put the LR in my tank, and of course there was die-off, but I think it cured in a few weeks. I knew it was safe to add fish/corals...
  18. Humblefish

Happy Easter everyone!

19. Humblefish

Disease eradication vs. Disease management (new)

This article expands upon the Ich eradication vs. Ich management thread I wrote. It takes other diseases - such as Velvet, Brook, Uronema, Flukes, Bacterial Infections - into consideration; and discusses the best strategies for preventing vs. managing all pathogens commonly found in a saltwater...
  20. Humblefish

CORAL Magazine: FREE Digital Access to 6 Years of Issues

Seen this circulating on a few forums now... CORAL magazine has given free access to their digital copy archive (last 6 years) for everyone to read. Jan/Feb 2014 till Mar/Apr 2020. This will be available till end of May. All the info can be found here...