Search results

1. Colin_S

aggressive tank mates

Well, i caught the clowns with ease, turned all my lights to red only, and they can't see, like shooting fish in a barrel :oops:. However the PBT mush have good eye sight as he continued to evade me. One thing he cant resist is food! So a fish trap later with a grazing disc inside and within...
  2. Colin_S

aggressive tank mates

150g, the clowns aren't bothered by mirrors. This did work with the YT when i introduce a few fish last year. I'll try it again see if it will distract the PBT
  3. Colin_S

aggressive tank mates

I just added 2 new fish to my DT that went through QT with no issues, but I should have taken the next precaution and added them into the DT in a acclimation box, but i didn't and as expected my Powder blue tang and clown fish are being little bast@rds. The clowns act like jaws, fixated on the...
  4. Colin_S

White worms or black worms?

:ROFLMAO: what a wolly!! lmao,.. i need to look more into the forum rather than "whats new".... but i was right, it does make a good sticky in that section, a bit late to the party but i do try lol...
  5. Colin_S

Great bit of info! There should be a sticky regarding the use of live food, the benefits and how to culturing it, a how to guide. This goes hand in hand with fish health and now we have easy to understand nutrition value. Thanks @Miami Reef for bringing this to our attention and @Paul B can...
  6. Colin_S

how's the copperband taking to them? All my fish go nuts for white worms, expect my anthia,, snobby little git.. i think he saw your black worm post and is holding out for them.. I go away next week for a week, once i'm back, i'm definitely going to try this.. any chance you could see what...
  7. Colin_S

Fish seem to be dying for no reason

I just went through a similar thing with my Anthia just in the last few weeks. Male and female in the tank for a year. Eating well 2-3 times a day and was a good weight. No signs of aggression to her to this point, no new fish added in 10months. I came down in the morning and she had been beaten...
  8. Colin_S

Is this the beating of internal parasite/worms?

little update.. Since i last posted, i haven't noticed any white stringy poop on the Angel. Normally i would notice it as it would be visible for some time and catch my eye. Its been nearly 2 weeks now,, so dare i say, i'll take this as a win!
  9. Colin_S

success!! food soaked in general cure :D

As Jessican said, morning feed (Mysis) had 2 full pipettes (2 squirts lol) of Selcon in the food. The evening feed (homemade) had 2 caps of Entice to the food. This is all made mixed the day before and left in the fridge.
  10. Colin_S

thinking i might give this a go along with white worms. What temp do you keep them at? few question How often do you perform WC How much water do you change? How quickly are you finding they reproduce? any other type of food you feed?
  11. Colin_S

Beaten up fish.. some advise needed & whats your method?

bad news, i think i may have made mistake. The Anthia was alive this morning like i mentioned. I performed a 30% wc in prep for Prazipro. Dosed the tank at 1ml per 15L. The other 2 wrasses are doing fine, but i just went to get a picture of the anthia and she's dead :cry: I'm assuming the...
  12. Colin_S

Thanks for the great advise... I will get a picture for sure. First the answers to your questions. Food, shes not taking my usual food i feed, i've added baby brime and live white worms, not touching them. I noticed this morning, but i can't remember if this is what she looked like when i...
  13. Colin_S

Water Change Frequency?

I used to run Triton method which was near 0 water changes. I never had any real issues. I monitor my parameters regularly so would do more if required. I no longer run Triton and do a 33% water change every 8 weeks with natural sea water. My tank is doing really well. I do dose 2 part to...
  14. Colin_S

I've performed 2x MB baths, 1 at 30mins, the 2nd at 45mins. The fish is looking better but still not swimming or moving much in the QT and still not eating. She is breathing heavily, not sure whats this relates to as this only started happening after she was beaten up. I have 2 other fish...
  15. Colin_S

HELP Maybe you can help me lower my nitrates.

I never had much luck dosing carbon directly into the tank, hence the reactor build, but i had massive algae issues. You don't have these issues. High No3 can slow down the coral growth and not affect the fish. So apart from that if the tank is happy and you're not getting algae issue, if it...
  16. Colin_S

HELP Maybe you can help me lower my nitrates.

I had massive algae issues that was related to No3, i wasn't monitoring them and they were around 180ppm and i fed heavily. Here some tips Get some test strips that test for chloramines and check your rodi set up. (i think you test the waste water as that comes after the carbon block) add a...
  17. Colin_S

A success section

This might cause threads being repeated, as some threads get updated with good news, but lots of times the thread ends without success and it can be a bit disheartening reading it, looking for answers and reading, it didn't work. So how about a section of the forum where people post their...
  18. Colin_S

Humblefish if you need Donations please add a link On The Bar.

100%... i was just thinking about this and i have only once paid for a website, no not like that... High res custom DVD/Blu-ray covers.. yes i am a nerd lol.. even made a few of my own :) Anyway, i would be more than happy, in fact i actually WANT to contribute! I'm only on 3 forums and all fish...
  19. Colin_S

Found what i was looking for. Now does this resemble Piscicolidae Worm / Roundworms? What do you think?
  20. Colin_S

I've been feeding food soaked with General Cure just over 2 weeks. My bi-colour angel has had white string poop for a while, no other issues. Today i noticed her doing her business and what caught my eye was it wasn't the normal white string like poop, it was more than one string and not...