Search results

1. Colin_S

aggressive tank mates

I just added 2 new fish to my DT that went through QT with no issues, but I should have taken the next precaution and added them into the DT in a acclimation box, but i didn't and as expected my Powder blue tang and clown fish are being little bast@rds. The clowns act like jaws, fixated on the...
  2. Colin_S

A success section

This might cause threads being repeated, as some threads get updated with good news, but lots of times the thread ends without success and it can be a bit disheartening reading it, looking for answers and reading, it didn't work. So how about a section of the forum where people post their...
  3. Colin_S

Is this the beating of internal parasite/worms?

I've been feeding food soaked with General Cure just over 2 weeks. My bi-colour angel has had white string poop for a while, no other issues. Today i noticed her doing her business and what caught my eye was it wasn't the normal white string like poop, it was more than one string and not...
  4. Colin_S

success!! food soaked in general cure :D

Just thought i would post a small win! instead of the "i need help" posts lol. For ages I've struggled with soaking food in GC and getting the fish to eat it. Tried all sorts of recipes, but in hind sight i think i was over complicating it.. I followed HB's method, even bought new shiny...
  5. Colin_S

Beaten up fish.. some advise needed & whats your method?

Not sure if there is a sticky for this, i've searched around the forum and can't recall reading anything that is particular to this, but maybe i'm wrong. This might come close to antibiotics treatment but that's listed under infections etc not just a beaten up fish. If there's no guide to...
  6. Colin_S

What QT process to take for Cleaner Wrasse & Koi Fairy Wrasse

I'm picking up fish on the weekend for the 1st time in a 10mths!! yay!! Cleaner Wrasse and Koi Fairy Wrasse! It seems Wrasse's don't tolerate Prazi too well. I'm looking at putting them in a type of quarantine. I'm only looking at targeting Flukes and internal issues. I was looking at...
  7. Colin_S

my first spawning fish.

Hey everyone just thought i would post that my 4yr old ocellaris clownfish have spawned, i believe for the 1st time :D.. Even though quite common in tanks i was well pleased as it means they are fairly happy. I never knew what to do it terms of raising the fry, and after a day of noticing the...
  8. Colin_S

Strange Anthia behaviour

About a week ago i notice long white stringy poop coming out of one of my lady Anthia, the smallest one. At the time i was in the mist of decorating my toilet and building a new surround for my tank as well as working, so i though i could wait a week/10days until i was finished as she was acting...
  9. Colin_S

Thinking of changing nutrient export to a planted aquarium

Hello fellow reef nerds.. Things are going pretty well for me so inevitably i want to change things around :D .. I've had this thought for some time now and after a post on here about nutrient export it got me thinking again. My No3 is higher than i would like it be (20ppm) and this is with...
  10. Colin_S

Juvenile fish, and H202 bath

Is there any concern putting a juvenile fish through a h202 30min bath? I'm picking up a regal/hippo tang on saturday and want to put it through the following: 6hr tremazole bath followed by 30min h202 bath DT but i'm concerned that being so small about an inch it might not be good for it.
  11. Colin_S

Internal worms/parasite?

Hi I believe my Goby has internal issue. He was a very good eater and very active. He eats flakes, and homemade frozen all high quality food. He would sift the substrate constantly. I do have a issue with GHA or Bryopsis all over the substrate, i'm hoping nothing from that made him ill. The...
  12. Colin_S

Alternative to QT..

I know this goes against almost everything this site stands for, but for those who simply can not QT due to space, time or for whatever other reason, what would be best method to use? Most of us would quarantine if we could, but doing something surely is better than doing nothing? I know this...
  13. Colin_S

QT in garden shed.. What issues do you forsee?

I want to set up my qt (currently down) in my garden shed. I don't have a lot of room in my house, and although the wife is understanding I don't really want it in the living room. My living room is not big so anymore tanks in their starts to make it look cluttered. My shed is wooden, it...
  14. Colin_S

Royal Gramma, loosing colour

Over the last few months my RG has become more antisocial and eating less. i've also noticed he's loosing colour. He seems healthy in weight, but not in spirit. He's around 3yrs old and I know their life span is around 3-6yrs, so is this something, possibly Brook or age? He does seem to...
  15. Colin_S

Going in... finally....Wreckfish Anthia and Moorish Idol

I'm finally getting new fish.. 1st fish in about a year since I decided to start QT... Had other bits to upgrade First before I started getting my QT and meds together. I went a bit overboard on the meds, but at least its there if I need it, on hand are; API GC x 8 boxes Focus x 2 Hydrogen...
  16. Colin_S

H2020 QT - Just checking I've got it right.

I didn't want to hijack the H2020 qt thread. I have wrote down what I plan on doing and just want to make sure everything is good. Start of Hydrogen Peroxide quarantine process Set up 100L QT with seeded sponge, and does with Dr Timms. Let fish settle and get feeding well. Times scale 1-3...
  17. Colin_S

Food soaked in General Cure, Prazi Bath required? (Flukes)

Under the assumption the fish is healthy. When a new fish is in quarantine, and showing no signs of internal worms, so poop is not white and stringy and is eating, you wouldn't treat for internal worms, right? Would using GC in food + focus treat for flukes? or does it need to be in the water...
  18. Colin_S

Hello from UK!

Hello everyone I'm from the UK, and have had my 1st reef tank for 2.5yrs. it's 5'x 2'x 2', around 150g/600L it's been a great hard learning curve and I would say now it is a success. I couldn't have done it without the help of people from reef2reef and Ultimate Reef where i spend most of my...