About Humblefish Aquatics

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Humblefish Aquatics is a small company which specializes in selling quarantined, conditioned fish. My QT protocol is as follows:
  • All fish are treated with either Chloroquine phosphate or copper + metronidazole. This prophylactically addresses "The Big 4" when it comes to fish parasites: Ich, Velvet, Brook, Uronema.
  • All fish are dewormed via praziquantel. If prazi resistant worms are encountered, Fenbendazole is used instead.
  • Whilst in QT, all fish are fed prazi + metro laced food in order to combat internal flagellates/intestinal worms. Fenbendazole may also be food soaked if prazi resistant worms are encountered.
  • Antibiotics are dosed (and sometimes food soaked) on an as-needed basis, if symptoms of infection present themselves. Some of the antibiotics we use include: Enrofloxacin, Nitrofuracin Green Powder, Kanamycin, Nitrofurazone, Sulfathiazole, Neomycin, Erythromycin.
Post QT, all fish are moved into (non-medicated) observation tanks with black mollies. The black mollies (and all other fish) are watched closely for signs of disease, to ensure nothing has slipped through the cracks.

Why do you use so many different medications? Passive observation is only practical for hobbyists quarantining 3-4 fish at a time. However, it becomes impossible to watch for every little thing when quarantining 60-70 fish spread out over a dozen tanks. Especially with wrasses, clownfish and other thick mucous coat species that do not always show symptoms of parasites/worms. In addition, some fish have acquired immunity (or resistance) to certain pathogens; however they may still be carriers capable of transmitting diseases to (non-immune) tank mates. I do wish there was a better way. However, experience has taught me (at great cost) that chemoprophylaxis is the best option when it comes to quarantining fish en masse.

How do I buy fish from you? I sell mostly by request only so email requests@humblefishaquatics.com with your fish wish list. I typically charge 50% above regular retail for my QT services + $50 shipping per order. (We only use Fedex overnight delivery.) So, if a small Yellow Tang is going for $60 except to pay $90 for the same fish from me.

I occasionally have stragglers, and I'm going to make more of an effort to order fish that aren't already presold. I will start posting those fish (with prices) in this sub-forum. :)

I can honestly say you won't get a healthier fish than what you can get from humblefish. I've had the honor of seeing his set up and the amount of time he puts into each fish, yes each individual fish get ine in one care. After seeing the care taken I won't buy a fish anywhere else. I've learned the hard way buying elsewhere and in the end the little bit of additional cost for that one on one care is a bargain if you realize what all it takes to get a truly healthy fish to your doorstep. I'm in no rush but I'm on the waiting list for more healthy fish for my tank now. My tank is clean and parasite free and it will stay that way for now on. Huge thanks to Humblefish for offering this service.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
I can honestly say you won't get a healthier fish than what you can get from humblefish. I've had the honor of seeing his set up and the amount of time he puts into each fish, yes each individual fish get ine in one care. After seeing the care taken I won't buy a fish anywhere else. I've learned the hard way buying elsewhere and in the end the little bit of additional cost for that one on one care is a bargain if you realize what all it takes to get a truly healthy fish to your doorstep. I'm in no rush but I'm on the waiting list for more healthy fish for my tank now. My tank is clean and parasite free and it will stay that way for now on. Huge thanks to Humblefish for offering this service.
Thanks Aaron! We need to get more fish in your tank! :)

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Only place I purchase fish from, Have not seen, had or known of any issues in my system pertaining to parasites on any fish.
My system houses a Powder blue tang, Two blue hippos, Yellow tang, Purple tang, and a Powder brown. NONE of them display any symptoms visually or behaviorally and continue to live without having to battle parasites or secondary infections due to damages caused by such organisms.
Wonderful person who cares a whole ton for the hobby and the critters we keep, @Humblefish is one of the most passionate persons I know regarding healthy pest free fish.
Definitely worth the little extra cost to get healthy fish that will be with you for years to come with proper due diligence to keep parasites out your system by means of adding Coral, rock or other sourced fish from other places.

Thank you Bobby for all you contribute to the hobby community and for all the Hours invested between your work, forums and endless Personal messages.

mggray87

I'm wondering if I should go for my last qt process myself being my favorite fish yellow eye kole tang (my fav) . And a small blue ( other half has to get HER fish. Or just splurge and order from humble and help support him and also be proud to have humblefish in my aquarium.....it may cost more. But it would be quite bada**

Corey

Highly recommend Humblefish Aquatics! Fish arrived healthy and happy! Full of vibrant colors and energy! Was overly impressed with quality of shipping and security of fish! Have bought from other suppliers with way less detail. Will be doing a lot more business with Bobby in the near future 🙂

mggray87

Highly recommend Humblefish Aquatics! Fish arrived healthy and happy! Full of vibrant colors and energy! Was overly impressed with quality of shipping and security of fish! Have bought from other suppliers with way less detail. Will be doing a lot more business with Bobby in the near future 🙂
Awesome! Another happy customer of his!

Kordin

i have tried to send a request at the address above. it doesn't seem to go through. has there been a change?