About Quarantined Marine

JoelM

HF Vendor
Country flag
Quarantined Marine only sells pre-quarantined and conditioned saltwater fish using Humblefish’s QT and treatment protocol. If you are reading this, chances are you are familiar with Humblefish’s protocol so I won’t go into details here. All fish are prophylactically treated for a minimum of two weeks in treatment tanks and then transferred to sterile observation tanks before being listed for sale on the website. I am hoping to keep a constant inventory of commonly sought after fish on the website in a WYSIWYG model. However, if you have a specific request for a fish, I will work on procuring it for you or you can provide fish to me and I will treat them for you.

Quarantined Marine is a one man show and not a large commercial operation. As such, every fish receives individualized care and observation. You will only be dealing directly with me, and I will do everything I can to provide the highest quality service. As for me, I’ve been keeping reef tanks since 2001. Although I love corals, I’ve always been a “fish guy” first, hence the queen angel in my current 300 gallon reef tank. By starting this business, I am selfishly able to engage in the aspect of the hobby that interests me most while also providing a valuable service to fellow aquarists who don’t want to deal with the hassle of QT.

Please check out the website: https://quarantinedmarine.com/

If you have any questions, you can pm me here or email: info@quarantinedmarine.com

I am located in Tampa, so if you are local, you can arrange to pick up your fish and I can likely give you some unadvertised discounts.

I will post updates here when new fish become available. I will also eventually get my social media game up to speed where I will post updates as well.

I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Regards,
Joel
Quarantined Marine, LLC

mggray87

Dino man
Country flag
Wondering if any of you 3 guys/companies have QT cleaner shrimp and a fire shrimp. My gf has to have them and I only have a qt for fish not a invert coral one. So I gotta hunt these two down lol.

Im.scared to Juat add ones in. Even though my snails arent going to be qt so I guess it doesnt matter

JoelM

HF Vendor
Country flag
Wondering if any of you 3 guys/companies have QT cleaner shrimp and a fire shrimp. My gf has to have them and I only have a qt for fish not a invert coral one. So I gotta hunt these two down lol.

Im.scared to Juat add ones in. Even though my snails arent going to be qt so I guess it doesnt matter
I am not offering any QT'd inverts at the moment but maybe something to add down the road. I don't believe @Humblefish and @Dr.Reef carry them either but I tagged them so they can chime in.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
HF Vendor
Country flag
Unfortunately, I'm not offering any quarantined corals/inverts ATM either. And neither is @Dr.Reef.

The upside is it would actually be a lot easier to do this than medicating all the fish. The downside is you would need to rent a large facility to offer a wide selection, and keeping snails/hermits well fed in a fishless environment for 45/76 days is no easy task. You would have to supply those tanks with nori and algae tablets pretty much non-stop.

Dr.Reef

Always at your service.
HF Vendor
Country flag
All that with keeping nitrates low.
Inverts generally don't do shipping and transport well. You lose half right off the bat then rest half dont like the changes in chemistry and fade out later on.
It's tough call. With expected losses and then shipping them back out to customers, change in chemistry again, stress of shipping again. I predict 90% losses.
With such losses a 50 cent snail will end up costing $5 which wont be financially feasible.
Although I have some tanks coming in next month and I have decided to keep 1 independent tank for shrimps.

Bruce

Country flag
Quarantined Marine only sells pre-quarantined and conditioned saltwater fish using Humblefish’s QT and treatment protocol. If you are reading this, chances are you are familiar with Humblefish’s protocol so I won’t go into details here. All fish are prophylactically treated for a minimum of two weeks in treatment tanks and then transferred to sterile observation tanks before being listed for sale on the website. I am hoping to keep a constant inventory of commonly sought after fish on the website in a WYSIWYG model. However, if you have a specific request for a fish, I will work on procuring it for you or you can provide fish to me and I will treat them for you.

Quarantined Marine is a one man show and not a large commercial operation. As such, every fish receives individualized care and observation. You will only be dealing directly with me, and I will do everything I can to provide the highest quality service. As for me, I’ve been keeping reef tanks since 2001. Although I love corals, I’ve always been a “fish guy” first, hence the queen angel in my current 300 gallon reef tank. By starting this business, I am selfishly able to engage in the aspect of the hobby that interests me most while also providing a valuable service to fellow aquarists who don’t want to deal with the hassle of QT.

Please check out the website: https://quarantinedmarine.com/

If you have any questions, you can pm me here or email: info@quarantinedmarine.com

I am located in Tampa, so if you are local, you can arrange to pick up your fish and I can likely give you some unadvertised discounts.

I will post updates here when new fish become available. I will also eventually get my social media game up to speed where I will post updates as well.

I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Regards,
Joel
Quarantined Marine, LLC
Do you ship to Canada?