Question of the Day Auto feeders? Who uses one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Country flag
I've always used the Eheim Automatic Feeders and they've worked well for me:

15935138685_5c2bd63b2a_b.jpg

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Country flag
These have been the same design for probably over 20 years I got one that is dirty and dingy that I bought easily 20 plus years ago. I guess the old adage goes if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I don't use it but I still have it.
Yeah, I still have some that are non-digital. They have pins to set the feeding times.

driftin

Country flag
I have the Avast Plank and I really like it. Control it through my Apex. I didn't use their stirrer-tube thing when I put it in but I'm really thinking about going back and adding it.

Vette67

Still learning after almost 25 years reefing
Country flag
I've always used the Eheim Automatic Feeders and they've worked well for me:

15935138685_5c2bd63b2a_b.jpg
This is exactly what I’ve been using for probably close to 20 years too. I have about half a dozen of them that I have “fried” by dropping them in my tank accidentally. But they work well (when kept dry). I have been feeding New Life Spectrum pellets for probably the same amount of time too. The small pellets fit well into the Eheim feeder. I feed 10am and 5pm. Then usually 1/3 of a sheet of Nori somewhere in between.

OZ_SPS

Country flag
I use the the feeder that Neptune re labeled for their automatic feeder. I remember buying it from BRS for 50$ or so.
I have it feeding once a day around 2pm.
This is because I manually feed morning around 830 and evening around 6pm while feeder dose a mkd day feeding event

Dr. Dendrostein

Country flag
Because of the corals we take care of, we feed every 2 hours and unfortunately there is no feeder that can do that unless I go with really expensive system. But something $40 or less nothing out there yet, so we modify our fish feeder. Because it's powdered food plugs up the opening and so I ordered a vibrating device so it can clear the hole before feeding time. Still experimenting and trying to find a good fish feeder under $40 of course.

mjreefs

Country flag
Auto feeders? Who uses one? How many times does it feed per day?

I use one, some cheap Chinese one I bought off online that's programmable via Wi-Fi. Works good.

We feed 4 times a day with the autofeeder (Pellets used are Large TDO + NorthFin Veggie 2mm). Each time has two rotations, so that's 8 rotations per day.

Then we also feed Nori after the last rotation.

This is how heavy we feed our fish.

Count Krunk

Play FIFA 21 (or any game on PC)? PM me!
Country flag
I use one, some cheap Chinese one I bought off online that's programmable via Wi-Fi. Works good.

We feed 4 times a day with the autofeeder (Pellets used are Large TDO + NorthFin Veggie 2mm). Each time has two rotations, so that's 8 rotations per day.

Then we also feed Nori after the last rotation.

This is how heavy we feed our fish.
Could you link it? Cheap Chinese and WiFi is checking the boxes for my auto feeder list