Black Friday suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

BiotaAquariums

General Livestock
Vendor
Country flag
What Biota cultured livestock are you hoping to pick up this Black Friday sale season? We're finalizing our plans, but we want to hear from you first! Leave a comment to tell us what's on your (or your loved one's) wishlist.

Attachments

• Untitled (1546 × 423 px) (2560 × 1440 px) (2048 × 1152 px) (1800 × 800 px) (1800 × 1800 px) (1).png
    Untitled (1546 × 423 px) (2560 × 1440 px) (2048 × 1152 px) (1800 × 800 px) (1800 × 1800 px) (1).png
    968.5 KB · Views: 16

saf1

Country flag
is this where i request millsetseed butterflies again :D
You beat me to it. I was going to add that to my wish list. That an, well, never mind. :D
ngl a sale on regal angels would be sweet, but i do wonder, is shipping right after black friday not mega dangerous? what's the plan there

Great point although everything I have received from them has been packaged extremly well. Carriers though and 10 times more packages and the men and women running hubs and vehicles does raise the risk that is outside live stock vendor control. Then there is the whole weather thing that can throw a wrench at the whole thing.

@BiotaAquariums I wish I was someone who didn't already know about Biota and their story because a sale today as it relates to me wouldn't be a deal breaker. I'm already in and would purchase. I tried to go through the portal and put a new buyer hat on but most everything seems reasonable. With that said:

• Maybe dry goods especially food(s). I think anyone who purchases fish from you should have on hand what you feed as a safety net. This way they can introduce the food they are already feed and see what they take but have something on hand to fall back on that is known.
  • Swag - who doesn't need a Biota tee or such. I have one I take while diving to use as a rash guard. I also have one when working around the house as it is light weight and great for yard work in the summer. Or when I do my pool boy duties
  • High end fish. I think @mattzang alluded to this already if there is a fish that is on the higher side of price point but your profit margin is still safe throw those on sale. The Goldflake, Cuban Basslet, and Australian Flathead come to mind. Again I'm not complaining about the price but rather ignorant on how many fish are available vs price vs profit if that makes sense :)
  • Maybe throw in random frags with purchase - dealers / Biota choice. If you have loose rubble that has life on it maybe toss it in as a freebie

Wish I had more but alas I don't.

BiotaAquariums

General Livestock
Vendor
Country flag
is this where i request millsetseed butterflies again :D

ngl a sale on regal angels would be sweet, but i do wonder, is shipping right after black friday not mega dangerous? what's the plan there
We're still working on the butterflies, but they haven't felt like spawning lately is what I hear from the crew over there.

We're mindful of the Black Friday hang ups, so we monitor that closely. We do package with extra caution just in case packages get stuck in transit ever. You can also choose your delivery day in the shopping cart calendar.

BiotaAquariums

General Livestock
Vendor
Country flag
You beat me to it. I was going to add that to my wish list. That an, well, never mind. :D

Great point although everything I have received from them has been packaged extremly well. Carriers though and 10 times more packages and the men and women running hubs and vehicles does raise the risk that is outside live stock vendor control. Then there is the whole weather thing that can throw a wrench at the whole thing.

@BiotaAquariums I wish I was someone who didn't already know about Biota and their story because a sale today as it relates to me wouldn't be a deal breaker. I'm already in and would purchase. I tried to go through the portal and put a new buyer hat on but most everything seems reasonable. With that said:

• Maybe dry goods especially food(s). I think anyone who purchases fish from you should have on hand what you feed as a safety net. This way they can introduce the food they are already feed and see what they take but have something on hand to fall back on that is known.
  • Swag - who doesn't need a Biota tee or such. I have one I take while diving to use as a rash guard. I also have one when working around the house as it is light weight and great for yard work in the summer. Or when I do my pool boy duties
  • High end fish. I think @mattzang alluded to this already if there is a fish that is on the higher side of price point but your profit margin is still safe throw those on sale. The Goldflake, Cuban Basslet, and Australian Flathead come to mind. Again I'm not complaining about the price but rather ignorant on how many fish are available vs price vs profit if that makes sense :)
  • Maybe throw in random frags with purchase - dealers / Biota choice. If you have loose rubble that has life on it maybe toss it in as a freebie

Wish I had more but alas I don't.
I love you, man.

BiotaAquariums

General Livestock
Vendor
Country flag
I can't buy anything due to issues, but if I did, I would love to support @ThRoewer , and his marine bettas! and smaller breeders too.
I'm sorry you're having issues right now :(

Thomas is an absolute aquaculture rock star. I have a trio of his marine bettas at home, and they are endlessly entertaining and magical. I can't say enough how much I love his bettas, which are COMPLETELY different from the wild ones I worked with "in the old days." I'd never bother with a wild caught one ever again. (-Felicia)

We're still working on the butterflies, but they haven't felt like spawning lately is what I hear from the crew over there.

We're mindful of the Black Friday hang ups, so we monitor that closely. We do package with extra caution just in case packages get stuck in transit ever. You can also choose your delivery day in the shopping cart calendar.

How far out can we choose delivery?

furyofthegnomes

Country flag
Me, I'd Love to get my hands on a Purple Masked Angel and maybe another Radial Filefish or two to give my current one some company, but I'd be very scared to order until after the holiday shipping season. Now if you allow us to select a shipping date after the new year I'd jump at the chance for a Purple Masked Angel, and pick up a Dumptruck shirt to boot!

saf1

Country flag
Me, I'd Love to get my hands on a Purple Masked Angel and maybe another Radial Filefish or two to give my current one some company, but I'd be very scared to order until after the holiday shipping season. Now if you allow us to select a shipping date after the new year I'd jump at the chance for a Purple Masked Angel, and pick up a Dumptruck shirt to boot!

Did you say Dumptruck?

BiotaAquariums

General Livestock
Vendor
Country flag
How far out can we choose delivery?
7 days "officially," but if you make an order and email us, we can usually push it back a few more days or so if you really need to. The only problem with that is, your item might not be in stock if you push the order back to a later date. That usually only happens with things that are not produced in big quantities, you're safe to do that with like, Yellow Tang and fish we almost always have.

BiotaAquariums

General Livestock
Vendor
Country flag
Did you say Dumptruck?
Dumpy has been doing well! I haven't updated on him in a while because his tank broke (he lives at home with me) and his temporary tank is kind of a mess and hard to film in. We have been working on testing different foods with him. So far he loves all types of Caulerpa, red macroalgae, bubble algae, red bubble algae, any flake foods, pellet foods, frozen foods, nori...

I'm also testing him with coral to see what he's safe/not safe with. I am currently testing him with Xenia and he hasn't shown interest in it yet, but that could change. Rabbitfish are all individuals, so they may not all have the same tastes, too.

saf1

Country flag
Dumpy has been doing well! I haven't updated on him in a while because his tank broke (he lives at home with me) and his temporary tank is kind of a mess and hard to film in. We have been working on testing different foods with him. So far he loves all types of Caulerpa, red macroalgae, bubble algae, red bubble algae, any flake foods, pellet foods, frozen foods, nori...

I'm also testing him with coral to see what he's safe/not safe with. I am currently testing him with Xenia and he hasn't shown interest in it yet, but that could change. Rabbitfish are all individuals, so they may not all have the same tastes, too.

Mine is a pretty voracious eater of all macro algae :) None of it is safe at least from what I've kept. I used to have a refugium full of Caulerpa lentillifera but it cleared it all out. I would take a hand full out as you can see via the image below and it made short work of it. That and the Scopus tang loved it. Best color when eating natural food. I used to also keep various macro algae I sourced from indo pacific sea farms red (gracilaria parvispora), yellow (gracilaria sp), and thich leaf green (ulva sp).

Sadly mine ate Xenia and one of my favorites being the Blue Cespitularia. To be fair both Xenia and Cespitularia was already being hit by both my Zosters and Pyramid Butterflyfish. I think the Rabbit sort of saw those two working the corals over and decided why not. Algae is his/her favorite though and probably the best algae eater I've ever owned.

Only down side, if any, is the size. I'm not a huge fan of rehoming so I'm working on a new system to provide more swim lanes while addressing a few flow long term maintenance quality of life improvements for me. Such an amazing fish though and very friendly.

1669141584845.png