Black mollies

intense37716

Country flag
FAIL! Acclaimed them to SW then could not bear the thought of Puffer eating one or both. All they do is swim and hang out together. Of course I also got guilt tripped by my woman about how said the other would be if one got eaten. So now they are in a nano tank with watchmen and pistol, will most likely add inverts before being xfered to DT’s

Attachments

intense37716

Country flag
Can you please explain the acclimation process that you used? I'd enjoy some mollies in one of my salt tank.
Throw them in 35ppt! Ha just kidding, started out with a drip realized that was going realllly sloooow. Then every night when I got home, drained some then I raised it 5ppt until 35 was achieved. Hindsight I’m an idiot and would have used a smaller tank then 20g and saved money 🤬

intense37716

Country flag
Crap let me start over. Filled a 20g on the other side of house running rodi there thanks to @Dierks without him doing so I would have never thought to try. Then I had rocks that needed to be cycled, placed them in there with powerhead, heater, canister with 9w uv and no sand. Once tank achieved 20ppt placed used filter pad and bio balls out of a sump - excellent bio filter. If all is good then everything except fish stay and continue to run. Pulled out enough FW at first and replaced to bring up to 5ppt, every night continue to do the same every night to 35ppt. Now they are happy and still loving on each other. Were out of canary fish for puffer and have cannery fish for invert tank lol

mattzang

Country flag
i bought 5 a week or so ago and dropped them into a 10g that was filled 75%~ of the way with 1.016 water and have just topped off with saltwater since then. i'm at 1.023ish now and haven't lost any, even babies somehow! unless they ate some babies.. or ate the dead babies.. :unsure: