Blennies!!! Name your favorites & why!

Users who are viewing this thread

DexterB

Country flag
There are many different blennies available. They add a lot of personality & interest to your tank.
Blennies!!! Name your favorites & why!
Starry Blenny match_1.jpg
20160707_151942.jpg

Last edited:

jlanger

@thatfishcookieguy
Country flag
The Ecsenius spp. blennies are my favorite!
Their whimsical faces are just the best!
If I had to chose just one species, it would be the Pictus (White-lined) Blenny. Years ago when I was setting up a smaller reef, I sent a short list of 5-6 Ecsenius spp. blennies to Kevin Kohen that I hoped he could find for me; as none of them were really available at the time. He mentioned that E. pictus was on the collection lists but no one ever really brought them in as the Bicolor and Midas Blennies were so popular. Once he brought in the Pictus Blennies for me, they've been available to this day.
I do enjoy keeping the Midas Blenny as well; especially for their mimicry of Lyretail Anthias.

150706 - Pictus Blenny.jpg

DexterB

Country flag
The Ecsenius spp. blennies are my favorite!
Their whimsical faces are just the best!
If I had to chose just one species, it would be the Pictus (White-lined) Blenny. Years ago when I was setting up a smaller reef, I sent a short list of 5-6 Ecsenius spp. blennies to Kevin Kohen that I hoped he could find for me; as none of them were really available at the time. He mentioned that E. pictus was on the collection lists but no one ever really brought them in as the Bicolor and Midas Blennies were so popular. Once he brought in the Pictus Blennies for me, they've been available to this day.
I do enjoy keeping the Midas Blenny as well; especially for their mimicry of Lyretail Anthias.

View attachment 78930
Kevin Kohen is the best!
He has a real heart for the hobby.
Regal Angels were in short supply one year when I was stocking my tank. The Regal was my dream fish for the tank.
Finally after looking for months, I sent him an email. He put me in contact with one of his managers. Thanks to him I acquired my Regal, that I have to this day!
Beautiful photo btw!