Blueline angel growth on chin

thomashtom

Country flag
Humblefish my friend!! Awesome forum!!! What the hobby needs! Hope all is well? It’s been almost 4 months of every treatment and about 11/2 of no treatment and the Blueline is still scratching his face and not eating normally? He looks clean except for a small white patch on chin. Could it be an infection in his mouth? He only scratches once in a while mostly when frozen food in water. Here are pics! Eats only at night and is not nearly as skittish as he used to be. Never used antibiotics! Thank you

Attachments

Big G

007 ?
Country flag
Welcome to the group! :giggle:

Beautiful fish.

First I'd consider boosting the fish's immune system with Beta Glucan. It can really help a fish that has an immune system under some sort of stress. Info below. I mix a 1/2 capsule with 6-8 frozen fish cubes.

If that doesn't clear the spot, have had very good results treating head infections in a QT with Sulfaplex + Neoplex.

Last edited:

thomashtom

Country flag
Welcome to the group! :giggle:

Beautiful fish.

First I'd consider boosting the fish's immune system with Beta Glucan. It can really help a fish that has an immune system under some sort of stress. Info below. I mix a 1/2 capsule with 6-8 frozen fish cubes.

If that doesn't clear the spot, have had very good results treating head infections in a QT with Sulfaplex + Neoplex.

Ok thank you, problem is he’s not eating great! So don’t know if he would ingest enough of it?

Big G

007 ?
Country flag
You could consider trying a mix of Masstick + chopped clams, mysis, etc. + Beta Glucan, served in a clam shell. Drilling a small hole in the shell to attach a length of fishing line makes it easy to drop in and pull out of the tank.