Clownfish Diagnosis

Users who are viewing this thread

day_sx

Country flag
Hello, trying to diagnose what my clownfish has. Has looked liked this for almost a week now, still eating plenty and active. Just trying to figure out what I’m dealing with and best course of action. Thank you

0F4E2A97-60AC-4139-A26C-0B7CC3967F1C.jpeg

A47F6168-FCC8-4371-AF5D-C616AAF2021C.png

Big G

The Sea is a Miracle!
Country flag
Consider doing a freshwater dip to eliminate or confirm flukes as the possible problem with your clown.

Consider doing a freshwater dip to eliminate or confirm flukes as the possible problem with your clown.

I second this I would do a fw dip and check for flukes

Big G

The Sea is a Miracle!
Country flag
Is the spot cottony, raised a bit and or cauliflower like in texture? Kinda hard to see in the video.

Big G

The Sea is a Miracle!
Country flag
The top picture looks like the skin is peeling off. Is that what you are seeing?

Big G

The Sea is a Miracle!
Country flag
OK, well heck. Looks like Brook aka Clownfish Disease. Lots of info below:

day_sx

Country flag
OK, well heck. Looks like Brook aka Clownfish Disease. Lots of info below:

Thanks the help and for the info, I’ll be looking into that now

Big G

The Sea is a Miracle!
Country flag
Well, the plus is the freshwater dip helped to remove some of the parasites from the fish, especially the gills so the fish can breathe a bit better. But you need to work fast to help the fish beat this disease. Assume any other fish in the tank have been exposed and will also need treating.
Do you have a quarantine tank to place the fish into after giving them the medicated bath?

day_sx

Country flag
Well, the plus is the freshwater dip helped to remove some of the parasites from the fish, especially the gills so the fish can breathe a bit better. But you need to work fast to help the fish beat this disease. Assume any other fish in the tank have been exposed and will also need treating.
Do you have a quarantine tank to place the fish into after giving them the medicated bath?
Yes have a spare tank I can use to QT, thank you

day_sx

Country flag
Best of luck with your fish. (y)
In the process of getting my qt tank up today and noticed my clown is looking a lot better, seems to not look as rough and notice it isn’t breathing as fast or hiding, is this due to the freshwater dip or could it be that it isn’t brook?
2412C82B-BB5C-4E8B-BABF-7A46614DD0F2.png

2CCBA760-B587-4F11-BA4D-CAF30344CE4B.jpeg

Big G

The Sea is a Miracle!
Country flag
Yes, the FW dip helps a lot with Brook. In fact, some still treat Brook with a regime of FW dips over 30 day period to clear the parasites. So it's kinda like to TTM as you do the dip and then transfer the fish into a fresh QT so as not to allow the parasites to regroup. But, and it's a big but, this also allows some fish don't completely clear the parasites but become carriers as they build up their immunity. So then you add a new fish and wham! The parasites attack the new fish.

day_sx

Country flag
Yes, the FW dip helps a lot with Brook. In fact, some still treat Brook with a regime of FW dips over 30 day period to clear the parasites. So it's kinda like to TTM as you do the dip and then transfer the fish into a fresh QT so as not to allow the parasites to regroup. But, and it's a big but, this also allows some fish don't completely clear the parasites but become carriers as they build up their immunity. So then you add a new fish and wham! The parasites attack the new fish.
Good to know, thanks again for the info!