Clownfish - trophonts or viral lesions

00Dan

Country flag
I have a clownfish that just finished 30 days of copper for velvet and is currently being dewormed. I noticed some faint white dots on him but I'm not sure exactly what they are. The tank also contains another clownfish and a flametail blenny, both of which are clean.

No fish is displaying any behavioral symptoms of parasites and all are eating. Copper is detectable but subtherapeutic (measured 0.14 PPM this morning). The copper (ionic) has been subtherapeutic for the past 5 days.

Hopefully I didn't cross contaminate by mistake, but I'm looking for a second opinion on the spots first.
The spots are visible on the right side black field under the dorsal fin.
20200508_140417.jpg20200508_140333.jpg

Last edited:

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
HF Vendor
Country flag

00Dan

Country flag
I'm four days into the deworming treatment, I dosed GC first day and metroplex on the third. If you look at the patchiness on the white next to the gills it was ambiguous to me if it could be brook or flukes, hence why I opted for the combination GC/metroplex schedule.

I will say that the fish's behavior has changed since the first treatment of GC, he isn't swimming as erratically and is staying with the female clown more. Maybe that points to flukes.

00Dan

Country flag
I wanted to follow up here with some new pictures. I'm 11 days into dosing metroplex into the water column and while the fish is acting and eating normally he still has these pinkish markings visible on his body. They don't look like the brook pictures on here (no slime) but having already gotten two doses of prazi I'm not sure what it could be.

20200515_102319.jpg20200515_102245.jpg20200515_102240.jpg

00Dan

Country flag
This fish has now been through a full two-weeks of metroplex and four doses of kanaplex now. The markings on the forward white band are still visible with little apparent change,however.

The fish swims, eats, and breathes normally; the other two fish in the QT tank are completely clean. If it weren’t for these marks the fish would be ready to return to the display. I’m just not sure what to make of it. Could it just be a blemish of some sort the fish developed as the result of a previous infection?

I wanted to follow up here with some new pictures. I'm 11 days into dosing metroplex into the water column and while the fish is acting and eating normally he still has these pinkish markings visible on his body. They don't look like the brook pictures on here (no slime) but having already gotten two doses of prazi I'm not sure what it could be.

View attachment 3315View attachment 3316View attachment 3317