HELP Copper Overdose??

bguile

Country flag
Hello everyone. I'm looking for help with my Threadfin Auriga Butterfly.

When I purchased it a few weeks ago it was pretty normal. Was pretty picky with eating but when I started trying brine shrimp, mysis, and clams, he showed interest and even appeared to fatten up a little. I then started quarantine as suggested. My Copper Power took a few extra days to come in so I started raising the ppm, 3 days after starting with getting to 1ppm over two days, then took the next 6-7 days to raise it to 2.5ppm which was the 24th. It was swimming around fine and eating up until the 28th where he stopped showing interest. I figured I'd give it a day to see if things changed and he seemed ok next morning just wasn't charging at food to eat. Then by afternoon, he began to lay on objects in the tank. I decided to pull it out (there are a few other small damsels) and place it in a seperate untreated tank yesterday. He swam around a bit and I figured I'd leave it overnight thinking it wouldn't be well in the morning. The next day (today) it was still swimming upright but by afternoon it began layin on its side with very minor movement. It's breathing doesn't appear labored and there's no obvious physical damage.

Is there something else I should do to "detoxify" the fish? Did I basically doom the fish by raising copper to 2.5ppm?

bguile

Country flag
Update. The butterfly didn't make it.

Later FW dipped it and found what I believe to be flukes. The damsels in the same QT still seem fine and eat very well.