Disease ID after full quarantine.

Revjames

Country flag
Humblefish, please help!

I had a disease outbreak. Needless to say I lost all but one sailfin. She went through full quarantine per your instructions. Copper with Hanna Checker. All meds were removed two weeks ago. Today she looks like this...
9AC1F4E9-201B-4AED-8EA9-29DE8FEA53A1.jpeg
ADB6C6F3-AF03-4DFF-A97C-5151199BA8A1.jpeg

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
HF Vendor
Country flag
First thing I would do is give her a 5 min FW dip to see if any of those white things dislodge: https://humble.fish/community/index.php?threads/freshwater-dip.20/

Is her Sailfin completely gone or am I just seeing things? Also, did you transfer into a new, sterile QT (at least 10 feet away) after 2 weeks worth of copper treatment? What Cu level did you treat at??

Revjames

Country flag
Yes her sailfin has been gone since before I got her... 7 years ago. Treated at 2.0 ppm copper for full thirty days...

Revjames

Country flag
Ok... nothing came off in the FW dip. I tried to get some better pics... I rubbed her and couldn’t feel the white spots... but they clearly stick out... 50770D09-6C0B-4E96-AD4F-7BE2FAD2A5CD.jpeg 9FD882FB-9756-45DE-B6D0-0676F9047584.jpeg 4A0EF3D7-623A-43C8-BB16-BEC9BEBD6457.jpeg 355ED748-6A0B-4692-802F-D154707F3BF8.jpeg 91980535-1799-410F-8529-E23431B9FABB.jpeg

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
HF Vendor
Country flag
So, after seeing the new pics I'm pretty confident that those are viral lesions. I see this on tangs a lot post copper treatment. Basically, she has a virus living inside her body, copper suppresses the fish's natural immune system, so she has an "outbreak" (think human herpes virus).

Best thing to do is get her into clean water (no meds), and start soaking her food in vitamins (Selcon, Zoecon, Vita-chem). Also, feed nori daily. Basically, you are trying to boost the immune system to send the virus back into remission. There is no "cure" for fish viruses. Symptoms can only be managed.

clsanchez77

20 Year Noob
Country flag
It will. Also, remove any carbon if you are running any. Carbon removes a lot of organics and nutrients from the water that will help the fish recover from HLLE. They are things we cannot identify, catalog, test for....but there is more than enough anecdotal evidence to correlate HLLE with excessive carbon usage.

Soaking the foods in vitamins should help the fish fully recover.