Everyone misses you on R2R

Cancun

Hi!!! I thought I would pop on here and see all those beautiful fish you are QTing....great job!

Secondly the word is on R2R you aren't on there much anymore....is it because you are hard at work at QTing and selling such wonderful heathy fish? I was at a local reefer who lives by me, and got a few from you and they looked great!

Cancun

Hi @Cancun!!! Good to see you here! :)

If I'm being perfectly honest, the owner/staff and excessive commercialization drove me away from R2R. So, I created this "quiet place" to help people with fish disease problems and also to support ethical vendors who sell QT livestock.
Oh that is great! I found a second home on here than! LOL! I totally get it! By the way I was curious were you still working on that peroxide thing for killing velvet?

clsanchez77

20 Year Noob
Country flag
In full transparency, I don't miss him at R2R at all...because I stopped going over there too! The commercialization is over the top. This hobby was not about that when I first got in it and Im not interested in it now. I like the knowledge and the community and you do not need a ton of sponsors, swag, spam mail and all the other noise.

Dr.Reef

Always at your service.
HF Vendor
Country flag
Ever since R2R found out I was selling qt fish they deleted all my posts related to my website and Humblefish forums.
Then they told me to pay 300 dollars a month because I am considered a business.
When I told them I am a doctor by education and a businessman and I do this to help fellow hobbyists and not for money they blocked me from PM and sale forums.
After that someone asked me to help them with cycling issues and asked me to email. R2r deleted my email address so no one could contact me.
List can go on.

Jessican

Country flag
I’ve mostly stopped going to R2R too, at least for fish disease, because there’s just so much noise to weed through. It’s great to have a quiet forum with people I know I can trust giving advice! I still wander in there from time to time, but only when I’m specifically looking for something that I couldn’t find on here.

scubabeth

Country flag
Ever since R2R found out I was selling qt fish they deleted all my posts related to my website and Humblefish forums.
Then they told me to pay 300 dollars a month because I am considered a business.
When I told them I am a doctor by education and a businessman and I do this to help fellow hobbyists and not for money they blocked me from PM and sale forums.
After that someone asked me to help them with cycling issues and asked me to email. R2r deleted my email address so no one could contact me.
List can go on.
That's INSANE! I'm not on R2R often anymore, and now I probably won't go back. That kind of thing really bugs me. All the time you and Humblefish spent on that site willingly assisting (FOR FREE!!!) others to help their fish surely should count for something without them becoming snarky. Sheesh.

mattzang

Country flag
yikes, that's disturbing..

i don't really mind r2r's corporate feel. although i can't compare to what it was before. it mostly feels like a lot of really good posters have just stopped posting.. the admins seem to have a pretty quick and heavy hand when something goes off brand too

i mostly enjoy coming on here and checking the local socal reefers forum. neither one is super active, but they definitely have a different feel to them than r2r does. i do enjoy perusing build threads and stuff like that over there, though. reefcentral seems cool too, but it's like that site hasn't changed in 15 years since message boards came around. i can barely even search that site effectively.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
HF Vendor
Country flag
List can go on.
Mike, you know how I feel about this. You have poured so much of yourself into this QT endeavor, and have helped me so much. Because of you and your testing, I know how many heat packs to use when shipping when it's freezing outside. :D I also appreciate you and Joel (and soon to be others) stepping up your efforts to sell QT fish, which will enable me to (temporarily) step back and do more intensive H2O2 experimentation.

So, knowing that you have been effectively "punished" - when everyone associated with this hobby should be rallying around this cause - it really makes my blood boil. :mad:

Victoria

Country flag
List can go on.
Hi, Are you the same name on R2R? The same guy who did the bottled bacteria experiment?

Kyl

Country flag
I didn't realize there was now a forum here, haven't checked h.fish in quite a while since it was, early on at least just the guides from R2R reposted/hosted. I won't extensively pile on, but learning that certain people that aren't peddling FUD are being driven away from the forum has really irked me. I enjoy the general forums still because it is basically the most decently active one, with some great posters, but after this last round of getting non-stop spam emails and notification blasts about "super" subbing for $250, after I already had done the small normal sub that year, it was really getting tiring.

Now, at least I have another place to interact with those that won't try and tell me garlic and magic beans will beat my quarantine regime ad nauseam.

As a note, Bobby you have really helped my journey in this hobby immensely in dealing with fish disease. I really didn't take things too seriously early on like most until velvet hit, and well, that is simply a game changer. Thanks for all the open work you've done, advice given and willingness to listen and adapt as new procedures or treatments gain credence. Hopefully you find some new super easy non-chemical method by the time all my general cure, praziquantel and triple 3 expire or are consumed, since I'm in Canada.