Hello from Canada

Bruce

Country flag
Hello

I'm new to saltwater world. I tried it in the mid 90's and it was a complete fail. I've purchased a 205 gallon acrylic tank that I'm hoping to get up and running as soon as I get the floor tiled where the tank is going. Just waiting on some of the restrictions to lift so that I can get the tile and have it installed.

Bruce

scubabeth

Country flag
Hi there, @Bruce! Glad you found the forum! We really like it here, and hope you will, too! As you're just in the set-up stage, you have lots of time to browse through things and decide if you want to QT your own fish, or purchase pre-conditioned/QT'd fish from one of the vendors here. Regardless of the path you take, there are loads of smart folks to guide you as you get set up. We look forward to hearing more from you!

Bruce

Country flag
Hi there, @Bruce! Glad you found the forum! We really like it here, and hope you will, too! As you're just in the set-up stage, you have lots of time to browse through things and decide if you want to QT your own fish, or purchase pre-conditioned/QT'd fish from one of the vendors here. Regardless of the path you take, there are loads of smart folks to guide you as you get set up. We look forward to hearing more from you!
Thank you very much I would love to get fish that are properly qt'd and then put them in my 55 gallon for observations for 2-3 weeks before inserting them in the 205 gallon tank The only issue is finding one that can ship to me. I could easily go pick them up at the airport in Toronto, as I live roughly 75 minutes north of Toronto

Dierks

HF Vendor
Country flag
Welcome to the group!! We are excited you joined the group to walk through the journey with us! If you have any questions a quick post or search will get you just about anything you want! Hope this time around it goes much better for you and we are all looking forward to hearing about all the ups and downs!!

Bruce

Country flag
Welcome to the group!! We are excited you joined the group to walk through the journey with us! If you have any questions a quick post or search will get you just about anything you want! Hope this time around it goes much better for you and we are all looking forward to hearing about all the ups and downs!!
Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to sharing it all with everyone as well