How long is medicated food good for?

Users who are viewing this thread

adobo

Country flag
If you make a batch of medicated pellet food with focus and GC, how long is it good for? I believe you can freeze the medicated food. Will that make the batch good indefinitely?

adobo

Country flag
I typically only make medicated food using LRS or mysis, and consider it "good" for 2 days in the refrigerator. If you freeze, it lasts until freezer burn sets in. ;)

I suppose medicated pellets would last until the liquid turned the pellets to mush.

The pellets turn to mush pretty much right away.

For some reason, I have a difficult time wrapping my head around how to make medicated food out of frozen food. Does GC + Focus bind to froze food? Presumably, frozen food needs to be thawed before being mixed with medicine. Does one need to drain the liquid before mixing the medication?

Jessican

Sheriff
Country flag
The pellets turn to mush pretty much right away.

For some reason, I have a difficult time wrapping my head around how to make medicated food out of frozen food. Does GC + Focus bind to froze food? Presumably, frozen food needs to be thawed before being mixed with medicine. Does one need to drain the liquid before mixing the medication?
This is a really good write up by @DexterB on how to mix up medicated food using frozen: