How would you QT a bonded pistol shrimp and goby?

holdthecoffee

Country flag
Hi, I was thinking about getting a bonded pistol shrimp and goby pair. How would you quarantine them? Would you separate them and start prophylactically treating the goby with copper? Place the pistol shrimp in a separate tank and wait till he molts? Thank you for any suggestions.

35ppt

Comrade Snowflake
Country flag
I quarantined mine separately. When the Goby was ready I put him and the shrimp in a bucket together for a minute so they could find each other then poured them both down a tube pointed at where I wanted the shrimp to burrow. As soon as the shrimp hit the sand he was busy making the burrow and keeping an antenna on the Goby at all times.

Potoooooooo

Country flag
I would QT them separately. They will hook back up once in the DT.

I quarantined mine separately. When the Goby was ready I put him and the shrimp in a bucket together for a minute so they could find each other then poured them both down a tube pointed at where I wanted the shrimp to burrow. As soon as the shrimp hit the sand he was busy making the burrow and keeping an antenna on the Goby at all times.

I don't have sand in this tank, but previous tanks that I did, I enjoyed having a goby and pistol shrimp pair. I tried both bonded pairs and adding them separately, probably had 4 different goby and shrimp pairs over the years.

Never had an issue with them pairing up, it was like they were magnetic and immediately drawn to each other. Yasha, Yellow Watchman twice, and Dracula all readily paired up with assorted pistol shrimps.

I do miss hearing the random "clack clack clack" from the tank :)

oceanfrontinNE

Country flag
I purchased a pistol shrimp and goby pair from DD. I quarantined separate. The pistol shrimp didn’t make it, so I purchased a pre-quarantined shrimp from Quarantined Fish LLC aka @Dr. Reef. Shrimps getting the burrow ready and the gobies are ready to go into the DT today.