Hurricane Laura

clsanchez77

20 Year Noob
Country flag
Those of us in New Orleans are fine. Baton Rouge will take some damage, but not much more than typical Tropical Storms. The severity quickly escalates as you go west. The Lake Charles area, well, there is not expected to be much left. I don't know how Lafayette will fair out. We have a lot of reef members in this part of the state. Severe storms, winds, rain and tornadoes are expected from there north, through the bulk of the state. That area is not densely populated, but it is populated and we have members throughout. These will be stressful times for many.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
HF Vendor
Country flag
There are a couple of threads going on my local (Louisiana) forum about this:

We are all hoping and praying that the damage/loss of life is not as bad as what has been predicted.

Rascal

Seeker of enlightenment
Country flag
I went through Rita when I was in Beaumont and remember what that was like. Still have lots of friends in that area but they evacuated thankfully.......lots of pictures coming out on Facebook now of the damage. It’s looking like a lot of damage so going to take quite awhile to recover. I feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with that......best of luck

mattzang

Country flag

yikes

also in other news the entire west coast is on fire and mostly orange/gray skies. my cousin lives just outside of ashland, OR and his house burned down (everyone ok tho). 2020 sucks

Jessican

Country flag
2020 Year of the Apocalypse :(

We're not in the danger zone of any of the fires - the SCU Complex fire was close by, but we're far enough into the "concrete jungle" that we're fine, the fire stayed in the canyon/wooded areas. Those orange skies the other day were super freaky, though, and it's raining ash pretty much constantly:
8CFB2429-DCCE-4751-B405-752AA77C557B.jpeg

clsanchez77

20 Year Noob
Country flag
i'm right by the infamous gender reveal fire, but no danger :D

at least we know the gender now!
That's F'd up. Will there be charges? I believe the last time there was a gender reveal cause, it was maybe in Arizona and the couple was charged. Big issue with society today is no one is ever accountable for their actions....unless it's drugs, then we throw the book at them.

So, in Louisiana, here we go again. Hurricane Sally, this time heading just east of New Orleans.

2020 will be a year to remember for so many.

clsanchez77

20 Year Noob
Country flag
Apparently there's a loose barge on a collision course with the I-10 bridge near Pensacola, and the local sheriff wants the military to bomb it before it can reach it's destination. :eek:
I'm sure the bombs can finish off anything the barge doesn't first. Seriously, all the I-10 bridges that were replaced after Katrina are really nice!