Indonesia is back!

Dierks

HF Vendor
Country flag
Well it looks like Indo Coral farmers are back in buisness! I know this isn't fish but for our reefs this is a big news.

How do you feel about the ban being lifted for aquaculture Reef Farms? How do you feel about them possibly lifting the wild coral collection as well?

I love the idea of them lifting the ban on Reef Farms, but think they should keep the ban on wild collection.

scubabeth

Country flag
Well it looks like Indo Coral farmers are back in buisness! I know this isn't fish but for our reefs this is a big news.

How do you feel about the ban being lifted for aquaculture Reef Farms? How do you feel about them possibly lifting the wild coral collection as well?

I love the idea of them lifting the ban on Reef Farms, but think they should keep the ban on wild collection.

View attachment 828
Yes! If they can allow aquaculture coral sales to resume, but keep the will portion of the reef protected, that would be the best of both worlds!

clsanchez77

20 Year Noob
Country flag
I somewhat support a managed and selective collection of wild colonies. I do think you can frag and selectively collect suitable specimen to support the hobby, provided the wild collected specimen go straight to mariculture and not straight to public retail. Maintaining genetic diversity in the coral farms is important. If not, Id be afraid our hobby will be reduced to inbred populations much like the freshwater industry.