Internal worms/parasite?

Colin_S

Country flag
Hi

I believe my Goby has internal issue. He was a very good eater and very active. He eats flakes, and homemade frozen all high quality food. He would sift the substrate constantly. I do have a issue with GHA or Bryopsis all over the substrate, i'm hoping nothing from that made him ill. The last few days i've been adding live brine shrimp as well as the usual food. he eats a little of the brine and frozen.

His symptons are:
He stays in a corner (recently kicked out of his hideout, which is not like him)
Not active, stays at the bottom in the corner
Eats little
Does sift a small amount of substrate
And is Yarning
Sunken belly

Some of these symptons seem to be in line with flukes, but i'm more inclined to think internal issues. I do have the meds to perform a 6hr tremazole bath in needed.

Yesterday i made a few days worth of GC soaked in food with Humble Fish's guide, minus the epson salt. Got plenty of GC to cover the 2 weeks needed.
What do you think?
I do have a 7sec mkv video but i can't upload it

Attachments

• IMG_20201015_152254234.jpg
    IMG_20201015_152254234.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20201015_152319245.jpg
    IMG_20201015_152319245.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20201015_152320296.jpg
    IMG_20201015_152320296.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20201015_152345813.jpg
    IMG_20201015_152345813.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20201015_152350318.jpg
    IMG_20201015_152350318.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 28

intense37716

Country flag
Is there a way to help him or something he needs to work out?

I’ve always be concerned with my diamond goby since my tank has crushed coral 1.5-2.0 in it. He appears to have no trouble with it as he’s grown full size from 2-3”.

What substrate is in there? Your substrate looks to be on the larger grain size too

Colin_S

Country flag
I think i can catch him as he's not swimming and is one of very few fishes that actuall like me lol.. Bloody clowns don't! lol
i watch him constantly and he still sifts some substrate. i fed this evening and he did get something stuck in his mouth, but then worked it out..

Maybe i could catch him and perform a 6hr tremazole bath, but check him out before. I can practically see into his mouth, i'll try and get some pics.

Colin_S

Country flag
the gravel is larger than sand but nothinng that previous gobies have struggled with. He's been in the tank for about 9 months now.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
HF Vendor
Country flag
Honestly, I think this is something he has to "work out" for himself... or it's going to kill him.

You could try a 30 min MB bath to help with any inflammation:

Colin_S

Country flag
HF I'm hopeful your right about time..

When i fed this afternoon I was watching him closely to see if he ate. He went for a small small piece of food that hit the gravel but missed it and got a piece of gravel instead. It was only 1 piece that had a bit of algae stuck to it so i could see it in his mouth whilst he struggled to spit it out, which I though was strange as it was only 1 tiny gravel, I could see the gha in his mouth.. After a min he managed to dislodge it and quite a bit of substrate filtered through his gills, much more that I saw him take in. I could be wrong and that could be what he took in when he went for the food but I was watching closely. After that he has started moving around a bit more. Maybe its hopeful thinking, but I'll keep an eye on him, keep feeding GC and live food. I really don't fancy playing vet.. Performing a bath is fine, so fingers crossed

is this the same stuff?

Colin_S

Country flag
just read your thread, and got the answer, correct stuff ,1ml per 9litres, 30min bath

Colin_S

Country flag
Last night I gave him a MB bath with the dosage recommended. He basically swam into the net so catching him was no issue. The bath went well and is now back in the DT.
He's still not eating a great deal despite him normally being a pig. He does sift a small amount of substrate every now and then, but doesn't really swim anywhere. I'm a bit concerned with the pinched stomach and letting it go too long and risk him getting too weak to eat.
What do you think?
I have plenty of GC which i'm prepared to dose my 150g tank just to try and make him feel well enough to eat the medicated food.

Attachments

• IMG_20201018_160328396.jpg
    IMG_20201018_160328396.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 5

Colin_S

Country flag
not seen him poop at all. Normally he's under a rock i ussuming doing his business. Now hes out in the open but i still haven't seen anything from him, espeically white stringy poop.
I fed again this evening (food soaked GC o_O ) and he eats a small bit then thats it, just goes back to the corner.
How long would you leave him untill you acted on it?

Colin_S

Country flag
i tried to get more photo's but the blue lights are affecting the picture. I checked him out, they still look large and he his breathing is quite noticable, mouth open and gills are expanding and retracting noticeably... i can get more pictures in the morning if you need, or a video of him and and upload it to my G Drive

Colin_S

Country flag
Sorry I was out all day today so was unable to get more pics, just in case its shows something else I'll get them in the morning showing you him eating and sifting
It definitely looks like inflamed. He still tries to eat but after 1 mouthful no matter if its a big piece or small thats pretty much it, then he settles down again by the rock. He still tries to sift substrate but struggles.

if it were inflamed, what would you recommend?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
HF Vendor
Country flag
if it were inflamed, what would you recommend?
A 30 min MB bath should help with any inflammation:

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
HF Vendor
Country flag
Also, and I realize this is a longshot, but an Intramuscular injection of dexamethasone at 0.5 mg/kg should help with inflammation. Placing him in a QT, and lowering temp/salinity might help as well.

More info: