Lumps on Blenny and Tang aggression in QT

Ian B

Country flag
I’ve got a two part question. 20 gal QT
My Bicolor Blenny appears to have lumps under his stomach. His poop is normal green, no white strings. Been in QT for about 5 days and copper power is almost 2.0 (raising slowly due to Anthias in there too). Have done three doses of MetroPlex so far. Kind of hard to see in the pic.
The other issue is my Orange Stripe Tang (Aprox 2.5 in) keeps chasing after the Yellow Anthias (Aprox 3 in). The tang will constantly eat at the nori and then swim up to the Anthias and chase him around. He’s also tried to nip at the Blenny too. Can I do anything to stop that behavior?

Attachments

Ian B

Country flag
Blenny: I would food soak General Cure + Focus just in case those lumps are being caused by parasites or worms in the intestines.

Tang: They often become aggressive when confined to a small QT. All you can really do is separate him, or at least isolate him using a divider.
Thank you! Would I still need to dose General Cure after my 30 days of copper if I dose it via food?

Yeah, I am probably going to get an egg crate to separate them. He's a beautiful fish and I would hate to take him back to the LFS, but I also don't want him to kill the others. Hopefully he will be good in the 120. I have a PBT (really docile) that's about 3 times his size, so I don't think he will be the bully in there.

Ian B

Country flag
Yes, because food soaking only takes care of internal worms/parasites. You would still need to dose the water with it to treat for external worms such as flukes or turbellarians.
I completed the GC and metro treatment in the food and dosing the water. The 30 days of copper power is done. But, the Blenny still has the lumps on his stomach. Any other ideas?

Attachments

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
HF Vendor
Country flag
I thought it was internal infection and did the food soaking that you recommended. I’m thinking I may not have done it long enough. Would I be able to put the other two fish in the DT in about two weeks if I’m still giving medicated food to the Blenny?
You may need to food soak a stronger ABX such as Kanaplex or Neoplex. Metro only targets certain anaerobic bacterial diseases. Its primary use (for food soaking) is killing internal flagellates/parasitic diplomonads.

Ian B

Country flag
You may need to food soak a stronger ABX such as Kanaplex or Neoplex. Metro only targets certain anaerobic bacterial diseases. Its primary use (for food soaking) is killing internal flagellates/parasitic diplomonads.
Now I just noticed the tang and Anthias have little white areas (1 each) that look like a fungus. I already ordered Neoplex as it will arrive tomorrow. Would that work for both issues if I dose with food? So neoplex, metro, and focus.

Ian B

Country flag
Now I just noticed the tang and Anthias have little white areas (1 each) that look like a fungus. I already ordered Neoplex as it will arrive tomorrow. Would that work for both issues if I dose with food?
Does the fungus look external?
yes. It’s like a small whit film. Nothing like brook though. I tried to get pics but it was too difficult. I will try again later this evening when I feed.