Midas blenny stressed in QT

Users who are viewing this thread

Camper66

Country flag
I received a Midas blenny 2 days ago and he is still showing signs of stress in QT with a mottled color. The tank cucled for a week before adding him. Ammonia and nitrite ate both 0 and salinity is 1.024. Is this normal for a blenny? Should i be concerned?

Camper66

Country flag
I have not seen him eat yet. I have been keeping the lights out to reduce stress. But when I introduced frozen food, he didn’t budge from his corner. Also, I meant to say the tank had been cycled for 4 weeks. Should I continue to leave the lights off? How many days without eating should i be concerned? I didn’t want to start any meds until he relaxes a bit.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Country flag
I have not seen him eat yet. I have been keeping the lights out to reduce stress. But when I introduced frozen food, he didn’t budge from his corner. Also, I meant to say the tank had been cycled for 4 weeks. Should I continue to leave the lights off? How many days without eating should i be concerned? I didn’t want to start any meds until he relaxes a bit.
I typically only use ambient, not direct, lighting in QT to reduce stress. Something like light from a nearby lamp or window.

Blennies like to pick on rocks and that species is an omnivore, so I would try rubber banding a little piece of nori to a small rock for him.