Question of the Day Must have equipment / accessory, What is yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

So for you what is your must have piece of equipment or accessory? I'm not talking about the basics like aquariums and pumps. My must have items are probably these 3 items.

1. Roller mat filter. Boy does this save me a lot of time from having to clean stupid filter socks or filter pads / sponges.
2. Auto feeder. I at least know even during the busiest of days that my fish have eaten something and I wont be stressed out wondering if they are hungry.
3. ATO. Again a time saver.

oceanfrontinNE

Get away to where the boat leaves from.
Country flag
So for you what is your must have piece of equipment or accessory? I'm not talking about the basics like aquariums and pumps. My must have items are probably these 3 items.

1. Roller mat filter. Boy does this save me a lot of time from having to clean stupid filter socks or filter pads / sponges.
2. Auto feeder. I at least know even during the busiest of days that my fish have eaten something and I wont be stressed out wondering if they are hungry.
3. ATO. Again a time saver.
What roller mat and auto feeder do you use?

mickeysreef

Country flag
all of my tanks are pretty basic really. one thing I rigged up was a water polisher. saw a Joey video where he attached a bottle to a pump and put filter floss in there. I like to use that sometimes or all the time lol depends. I bought an Apex a couple of weeks ago but it's just been sitting in the box. haven't even opened it. bought an ato 6 months ago, again still sitting in the box never opened it. maybe I should open up some boxes!

@don_chuwish and @Aaronhome27 posted about the kasa strips and they’re my favorite thing right now.

I set it up so I can just tap my phone on these stickers inside my cabinet and it starts the feed/maintenance mode then I can turn it back on by tapping my phone on another side. While I still need my phone I don’t have to try and open an app or multiple apps to turn pumps off.

Badilac

Country flag
@don_chuwish and @Aaronhome27 posted about the kasa strips and they’re my favorite thing right now.

I set it up so I can just tap my phone on these stickers inside my cabinet and it starts the feed/maintenance mode then I can turn it back on by tapping my phone on another side. While I still need my phone I don’t have to try and open an app or multiple apps to turn pumps off.
Yes please do post.

OZ_SPS

Country flag
Beside what i consider basics (ATO, pumps and power heads)

To me, the KHG. My reefing changed when I had the ability to automate my daily alk testing.

I can live without a controller, but I cannot reef without my KHG now...its like having the back camera in the car, once u have it, hard to go back ha ha..

Last edited:

I just ordered some tags yesterday to do the same!

Paul B

Country flag
You can't any more. I used to supply them to Marine Depot but my plexiglass tube manufacturer went to China and I don't buy from them so I stopped making them.