New addition in the QT.

AbjectMaelstroM

Country flag
Sailfins are the one Tang I really just love!! 😍

I think they need at least 6 feet and 180g or such when larger? I would like my next tank be roomy enough to house one :)
Yeah, my wife absolutely loves them. The only reason I held off is because of only having a 4ft 120g. Got sold on this one just because of the small size, which should hopefully buy me 2 years or so before he potentially outgrows it.

Next tank I'm looking to roughly double the volume so a 210 should do nicely.

Tamberav

Country flag
Yeah, my wife absolutely loves them. The only reason I held off is because of only having a 4ft 120g. Got sold on this one just because of the small size, which should hopefully buy me 2 years or so before he potentially outgrows it.

Next tank I'm looking to roughly double the volume so a 210 should do nicely.
Yah I had planned on picking one of these up possibly this week as small juvies seem to be coming in right now (LA had some too I saw). My plan was to QT it/TTM it and put it in my 6 ft 70g stock tank with the mollies for a few months. I figure the small size will buy me some time.

Last edited:

AbjectMaelstroM

Country flag
Need a second set of eyes, boys. Does this look like ich starting to pop up?

20200729_103245.jpg

20200729_103114.jpg

20200729_103038.jpg

He's currently in a 20g (16g actual volume) with 960mg of CP from NFP.

He doesn't seem to be overly stressed and is eating, just wanting to make sure I'm looking at what I think I'm looking at (none of my fish had ever presented with ich lol).

AbjectMaelstroM

Country flag
OK
Likely the trophonts were already attached before you dosed Chloroquine. The white dots are just excess mucous which forms as part of the fish’s immune response.
Alrighty, I'll keep an eye on it. For a second I thought I might have a dud of CP. It's only a few months old and kept in fridge.

On an unrelated note, I have a coral/CUC QT with some canaries (black Molly) I'm loading it up with new CUC, how long do you suggest waiting for possible tomonts to hatch if there are any.. I'm finding all kinds of date ranges from days to weeks? Trying to get CUC in the DT asap without ruining my process.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
HF Vendor
Country flag
On an unrelated note, I have a coral/CUC QT with some canaries (black Molly) I'm loading it up with new CUC, how long do you suggest waiting for possible tomonts to hatch if there are any.. I'm finding all kinds of date ranges from days to weeks? Trying to get CUC in the DT asap without ruining my process.
1 month

AbjectMaelstroM

Country flag
20200730_144238.jpg

Well, visibly better today at least as far as I can tell. Majority of the white bumps that were there yesterday or not there today, but I can still see a couple of spots. Hopefully he keeps getting better. At the very least he's getting comfortable with the QT tank and is eating. Definitely didn't want to pose for pictures though.