Proactive Uronema Treatment?

DougF

Country flag
I am looking to purchase a school of Chromis (10). Before transfer into my QT I plan a 30min H2O2 bath at 150ppm with the goal of eliminating any Uronema they may have - I will only buy fish with no signs but understand with this species you assume they have it. Will this eliminate the Uronema (external), or do I then need to still dose the QT with Metro for 2-weeks as a follow-up which I understand eradicates it? I was hoping to perform the H2O2 bath to eliminate Uronema and Brook, then transfer into QT for the normal 2 doses of Prazi then Copper Power at 2.0ppm for 14-days before transferring into my sterile display. Also does Copper Power treat Uronema? I plan to feed Food soaked in Focus / Metro for Internal parasites for 2 weeks as I do with all my fish when they arrive. Thanks in advance for the help.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
HF Vendor
Country flag
Read this:

DougF

Country flag
Thank you PhatDuckk and Humblefish. I was hoping to avoid Formalin by using H2O2, but will get some. I may do this in 2 batches the 1st with Formalin and then repeat with H2O2 to see how it goes, if I do I'll let you know the results. I just did a H2O2 bath for the first time on a Copperband prior to QT as a proactive treatment for flukes, and anything else it may have. It handled the 30-mins at 150ppm with no issues whatsoever and shows no signs of any disease after 2 days so far.