Question on Brooklynella Treatment

Users who are viewing this thread

adobo

Country flag
I have a clownfish that has been in 2ppm copper power for 3 weeks now. He's also been through 2 rounds of general cure and 11+ days of metro dosed every 2 days. Based on information in this page (https://humble.fish/quarantine/), this treatment process should address "most" parasites. I believe one possible issue not addressed is brooklynella.

After another week of sitting in this tank with with copper power, I will move the clownfish to another "sterile" tank. Does it make sense to put the clownfish in a formalin bath between moving him from the old tank and moving him to the new tank?

Jessican

Sheriff
Country flag
Actually, the GC and metro dosing should have addressed the possibility of brook. If you wanted extra assurance, though, you could do a peroxide or a Ruby Reef Rally bath when moving him to the observation tank. Formalin would work too, but IMHO is unnecessary.

adobo

Country flag
A 90 minute bath using Ruby Reef Rally (1 teaspoon per gallon of saltwater) works well on Brook, and could be administered right before the fish gets transferred into observation.

I ordered Ruby Reef Rally Pro. How much of that is recommended per gallon for a 90 minute bath?