Real Fat Belly

scubabeth

@Eholceker, our solorensis wrasse is the same. He gets this way every day at feeding time. We were shocked at how much nori he eats, too, as yours does. I've not seen him eat macro algae, though. Yours might win the piggy contest! 😂

Hopefully it's just the fact that he's a pig!

Jessican

I have a hogfish that does the same thing anytime I feed live brine. I’m pretty sure he’s just going to explode one day. Looks just like yours does when he does it, too. Does it go away after a while or is it always like that?

Eholceker

I have a hogfish that does the same thing anytime I feed live brine. I’m pretty sure he’s just going to explode one day. Looks just like yours does when he does it, too. Does it go away after a while or is it always like that?
It's been.like that for a few weeks now but I am not gonna lie. I feed my fish a lot upwards of 4 to 5 times a day.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish

Eholceker

That's a possibility I hadn't considered. Mycobacterium marinum is known to infect fish from the Philippines and Australia in the wild. This source primarily deals in FW fish, but recommends Kanamycin (Kanaplex) + Neomycin + Isoniazid for treating Fish TB: https://www.aquarium-pond-answers.com/2012/04/tb-in-fish-mycobacterium-tuberculosis.html
Fish just had o e of the longest stringy poops I have ever seen. I am assuming at this point it is just real backed up. Can bloat/constipation cause it. I can feed metro/kanaplex food but dont want to make it worse.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Fish just had o e of the longest stringy poops I have ever seen. I am assuming at this point it is just real backed up. Can bloat/constipation cause it. I can feed metro/kanaplex food but dont want to make it worse.
Was it white or brown or some other color? I would start adding a pinch of Epsom salt to his food as a laxative.