Question of the Day Reef Tank Photos - For Function or Fun?

Reef Tank Photos - For Function or Fun?

• -Tracking cycling stages

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • -Monitoring Issues (aiptasia, nuisance algae)

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • -Tracking Coral Growth

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • -Tracking Fish Growrh

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • -Evaluating Design Aesthetics (hmm..I need a new coral or fish)

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • - I use a digital PHOTO JOURNAL of my Tank

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • FUN - for enjoyment

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

DexterB

Country flag
We all love great Tank, fish, coral or invert photos.
How do you use yours?
FUNCTION;
-Tracking cycling stages
-Monitoring Issues (aiptasia, nuisance algae)
-Tracking Coral Growth
-Tracking Fish Growrh
-Evaluating Design Aesthetics (hmm..I need a new coral or fish)
- I use a digital PHOTO JOURNAL of my Tank
FUN
-Just for enjoyment

Take the poll - multiple answers allowed!

jlanger

@thatfishcookieguy
Country flag
I use my photos for numerous reasons!

Mostly, the photos are used to document how my reef and inhabitants are doing. I don't have a very good memory anymore, so by keeping track of the reef's progress and/or new additions, it's a resource for me to know what happens when. I save all of my photos by starting the file name with the date; it helps to keep them organized and easy to know when it was taken. I also use the photos to remember the names of corals, when I added them and where I bought them from. The photos are the easiest way to do all of that. My build threads (lacking consistent content aside) are my diary entries for my reefing and reefing-related hobbies.

And since I have an artistic background, many of my photos are more than just quick snapshots. I like to frame the subjects in the photos to have a artist print look to them. I take certain elements like color palette, lighting, composition, depth of field and even action into consideration when posting photos.

And lastly, I know that a photo will "slow the scroll" in today's short attention span social interactions. I feel the need to add at least one photo to the post to make the viewers into readers.

Just an obligatory photo to get you to possibly read my post. ;)

210102 - ClownfishGoniopora.jpg

Oscarmk

Country flag
I use my photos for numerous reasons!

Mostly, the photos are used to document how my reef and inhabitants are doing. I don't have a very good memory anymore, so by keeping track of the reef's progress and/or new additions, it's a resource for me to know what happens when. I save all of my photos by starting the file name with the date; it helps to keep them organized and easy to know when it was taken. I also use the photos to remember the names of corals, when I added them and where I bought them from. The photos are the easiest way to do all of that. My build threads (lacking consistent content aside) are my diary entries for my reefing and reefing-related hobbies.

And since I have an artistic background, many of my photos are more than just quick snapshots. I like to frame the subjects in the photos to have a artist print look to them. I take certain elements like color palette, lighting, composition, depth of field and even action into consideration when posting photos.

And lastly, I know that a photo will "slow the scroll" in today's short attention span social interactions. I feel the need to add at least one photo to the post to make the viewers into readers.

Just an obligatory photo to get you to possibly read my post. ;)

View attachment 70121
What a great photo and collection of goniopora