Rimless waterline

mggray87

Dino man
Country flag
I've always felt my waterline is a little high. I mean when I use a tooth brush brushing rock if I put any sort of move in spill water over. Just curious what it should be. Not sure if I can even adjust it. I guess I can with a slowly return pump. I can turn it down but I feel it's not that powerful. I use my cor 20. And I have it maybe at 60-75 percent. I'd have to look.

mggray87

Dino man
Country flag
IMG_20200519_220853.jpg

Doesn't 3/4 seem kinda high lol

mattzang

Country flag
is that a waterbox thing? i feel like all of the waterbox tanks i've seen have a super high water line.. which is cool until you live in california and a minor quake sloshes out 5 gallons of water :oops:

mggray87

Dino man
Country flag
Ahah must be. Well I tried something else.

I took my Neptune Cor20 and went half speed. I was running.maybe 70 or 75%.

I dropped it to 50%. So roughly 1000gph. I feel like I was pumping to much into tank. And I wonder if this will fix my micro bubble issue. Turning off skimmer. I always still had some micro micro bubbles. I bet I was pushing to much water in sump drain and it was just going through since no socks or bubble trap.

Now that I have my cor pushing at 50%. I will say. Tank is quiet as heck. Mute. All I hear is the bubble magus curve 7 elite him/vibration. That's it. Lights are out during all this so I'm curious to see how the clarity of the water is

Mattman1977

Country flag
I was always taught “you only need enough water through your sump that your skimmer can handle.” Now that was my dads saying so might be old information. With that said I’ve always tried to follow that as close as possible my 150 gal had a curve 7, if I remember correctly it skims around 650gph but I would double check that, think I had around 700 gph through the sump.
In conclusion of all of my rambling you should be fine. Especially if you’re running a in sump fuge. That needs slow movement

Matt

mggray87

Dino man
Country flag
I have the curve 7 elite. 661gph

mggray87

Dino man
Country flag
I have the curve 7 elite - 661gph