Single white spot on Purple Tang

Kwall737

Country flag
Just noticed this white spot on my purple behind his right fin ... could it be ick, something else or (hopefully) nothing? Thanks!

D035E728-818E-47F7-B728-7F10341E2788.jpeg
98B74216-725A-4D07-A5C6-9AFB02D6F064.jpeg
609BE5B4-9774-4D40-A795-BD50CC018CD0.jpeg

Kwall737

Country flag
Could be Ich or just a grain of sand (or some other debris) stuck to his mucous coat. I would just wait & see over one white dot.
Appreciate the reply. Obviously if i see more than 1 pop up we’ve got an issue ... but if this is gone tomorrow, could be in the clear?

Kwall737

Country flag
Yes; Ich trophonts would last on a fish for a minimum of 3 days.
So the spot is gone today (maybe 2 days total it was on there) but there’s definitely an area where the spot was that looks a little discolored or almost irritated. Then i saw this this am on my Foxface. Should i be worried about my system now, or could this again be a piece of sand or floating debris getting stuck to him too and I’m overreacting and looking too hard into them?
F7C896D4-6DCA-431E-8BBB-55C66BA657C1.jpeg
5CA2DBA2-DCA5-4896-8FFC-D959F8F25BB5.jpeg

Kwall737

Country flag
Scratching, head twitching, heavy breathing, lethargy, swimming into the flow of a powerhead.
So although none of those symptoms are happening yet, unfortunately it looks like my purple has ich. The white spots have multiplied. Obvious next step is to try and get him outta the main tank and into qt? I have GC and Prazi on hand, I’m guessing Copper should be the next thing i pick up ... any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Big G

007 ?
Country flag

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
HF Vendor
Country flag
So although none of those symptoms are happening yet, unfortunately it looks like my purple has ich. The white spots have multiplied. Obvious next step is to try and get him outta the main tank and into qt? I have GC and Prazi on hand, I’m guessing Copper should be the next thing i pick up ... any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated
I would treat with either copper or chloroquine in a QT. Unfortunately, ALL the fish need to be treated and the DT itself should be left fallow (fishless) for 76 days.

Kwall737

Country flag
So was finally able to get all 9 of my fish and into 2 qt tanks. Haven’t started meds yet, just wanted to make sure all fish are doing ok and eating. The purple is still acting fine/not showing any obvious symptoms of ich (other than multiple small white spots, and some that have gone away but still have irritated areas where the spots were). One other thing i did notice was one of my clowns has white, stringy poo ... so plan on soaking food in GC + Focus for a few weeks to hopefully get rid of that. Question i have is what treatment plan should i start - dose the qt’s with GC (or Prazi) then follow up in 5-7 days with another, followed by 30 days of Copper Power? Any other recommendations or plans?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
HF Vendor
Country flag
Question i have is what treatment plan should i start - dose the qt’s with GC (or Prazi) then follow up in 5-7 days with another, followed by 30 days of Copper Power?
I would start with copper, and observe for a few days to see if the white stringy poo remains continuous.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
HF Vendor
Country flag
Ok Copper first, gotcha. Is that to treat the possible ich and knock that out first, then worry about intestinal issues?
Well, you can technically food soak General Cure with copper to take care of the internal issues. But let’s be sure that is actually needed by seeing if the white stringy poo remains a consistent thing.

Kwall737

Country flag
Another quick question - I’d like to put a little sand in one of the qt’s for the wrasse, and probably just use a small pyrex bowl. Is sand outta the dt (where there’s possibly ich) not good to use? Should i go buy some from a lfs instead?

Big G

007 ?
Country flag
Use sand from a parasite free tank or just use new sand. I do in my QT's. ;) A thin layer across the entire bottom and mounded a bit in one corner works really nice for wrasses.