Other Smiddy's Reef 360 Peninsula

Users who are viewing this thread

rds85

Country flag
The time has come to start my 360 gallon build thread. With finishing our walk out basement under way. It is time to start preparing for a 72" L X 48" W X 24" H peninsula SPS dominant reef. I have gotten quotes from 6 different aquarium manufacturers and waiting on one more from Planet Aquariums before I pull the trigger. Honestly though it has been over a month with no response from Planet which is some what frustrating being such a large investment. (PM me if interested in what the quotes were since it seems voodoo to post this information for whatever reason)

Instead of writing all the details about what the tank will look like. I made a CAD model of it so it is easier to visualize:
1578336327159.png

I am a huge fan of having a bar lip around the tank at standing height approximately 42".

I am also lucky enough to create the storage room in our basement into a fish a room:
1578336338032.png

rds85

Country flag
Updated drawing of my Synergy Reef Custom 72" sump
Sump Drawing.JPG

Framing, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, and underground all complete! Here are pictures before drywall gets hung today! The tape on the ground is where the tank will be. Keeping the system in mind. We added two 20mp breakers dedicated to the Tank. We also added both hot and cold water lines to the fish room for: Shop sink, RODI, Washing machine for filter socks. We have tapped into the drain line for all waste water and water change water. Direct ethernet was ran to the fish room for the apex. Floor drain was added to the fish room.
Basment 2.JPG

Basment 1.JPG

Basment 3.JPG

Basment 4.JPG

rds85

Country flag
RO update: With the old RO unit being stored for about 9 months, come to find out post installation, the O rings no longer hold seal, but I have a pretty picture of what the RO setup will look like once the new parts come in. For those who are into the details ( the carbon blocks and sediment filters are flipped positions and will be installed normally once the new parts are in)
Fish Room 21.JPG

Fish Room 20.JPG

rds85

Country flag
Fish room updates:
1) Added ventilation fan to deal with humidity in the fish room
2) Added homemade RODI filling circuit. Three Stainless Steel float values for redundancy of the automatic shut off using a electronic solenoid for filling water storage bins
3) Started filling water to test system ( electronics, pumps, and plumbing) SUCCESSFUL
Fish Room 24.JPG

Fish Room 23.JPG

Fish Room 22.JPG