Somebody's looking handsome

Tamberav

Country flag
What a beauty and a ham!

I had a little lovebird growing up...my grandmother bred them and hand raised them so he was an awesome little thing that I could pick up or sit on my head or play with my Legos/toys with me (build him forts!). Loved that guy!

mggray87

Dino man
Country flag
I love birds but if they talk it's funny but I can see it get annoying. And it's a commitment of like 20 years lol. Can't do it.

AngryMike2016

Country flag
He is sixteen years old. Except for Collin, all of my birds are rescues. Most of the time, it is pretty easy to determine a parrot's age. When a parrot is bred in captivity under legal standards, the breeder is required to place a band around the bird's ankle, with a code stamped on it, that can be translated to the hatch date, and state of breeding.

My oldest bird is my Goffin's cockatoo (the small cockatoo) - he was wild caught (wild caught bands are open, as opposed to bred bands which are closed). It's been illegal to import wild caught parrots since the early 80s, so he's at least 40 years old.

scubabeth

Country flag
That's interesting information; I have no idea at all about the world of exotic birds! I always enjoy learning about animals! We're the couple that loves to go to the zoo that doesn't have any children! :ROFLMAO:

Badilac

Country flag
My mom has a Yellow Nape Amazon that she bought around the same time I was born. It is now 43 years old. She said she never thought about the long term when she purchased the parrot at the age of 19. Here we are 43 years later and she still has the same bird. pretty crazy.

AngryMike2016

Country flag
Yah, Amazons are right up there in the long life spans as well. I think they are beautiful birds, but I simply can not read their body language, so they intimidate me a bit.

DexterB

Country flag
Hey Mike, what birds sound exactly like they are doing an impersonation their owners? My SIL had a funny video of her friends’ bird that mimics the husband & wife. Every morning the husband would grab their breakfast from a bakery & say “I’m off to get the doughnuts!” The wife would say “Sounds good!” When they play the video the bird sounds exactly like each of them.