Something i should be concerned with?

Qasimja

Country flag
I got two pyramid butterflyfish saturday from a lfs they are currently in 1.9 ppm copper power and already done two doses of metro started at 1.0 ramped it over the last 2 days eating well but i noticed today one of them has a piece missing from its tail fin is this from aggression? im probably being overly paranoid i just lost a whole batch of fish in my last order fish order and now im watching everything like a hawk sorry if its hard to see you can see it best on the first picture

currently in a 10G QT tank

Attachments

clsanchez77

20 Year Noob
Country flag
Yea, get some egg-crate or some other divider in case the pairing does not work out. You may have to trade one or both to try again. I did the same thing with my pygmy angels. First batch did not work out and two died before I could intervene. I sold off the alpha male and tried again. I now have egg crate on hand when QT'ing mated pairs just in case.

Qasimja

Country flag
Yea, get some egg-crate or some other divider in case the pairing does not work out. You may have to trade one or both to try again. I did the same thing with my pygmy angels. First batch did not work out and two died before I could intervene. I sold off the alpha male and tried again. I now have egg crate on hand when QT'ing mated pairs just in case.
thanks if it gets worse ill try to seperate them with an eggcrate so far its just the tail fin maybe they had a spat when i first introduced them into the QT and it settled down hopefully

Qasimja

Country flag
ill just label this one as a false alarm they are in 1.9ppm copper power for the last 2 days still eating really well and no fighting so i think maybe this damage happened the first day i put them in the QT but i didn't notice

Qasimja

Country flag
now that im looking more closely im pretty sure thats lympho on the fins but should i be concerned with the mark on its side i guess maybe the copper is preventing it from healing

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
HF Vendor
Country flag
It does look like Lympho to me. In fact, I can't remember the last time I quarantined a butterflyfish that didn't develop Lymphocystis whilst in Copper.

The mark on its side is a bit more concerning. Does it change color at all? Pyramids do show dark looking stress marks which usually disappear once the light is turned on.

Qasimja

Country flag
i was shining a flashlight on it because this QT doesnt have a light directly over it just room lighting
It does look like Lympho to me. In fact, I can't remember the last time I quarantined a butterflyfish that didn't develop Lymphocystis whilst in Copper.

The mark on its side is a bit more concerning. Does it change color at all? Pyramids do show dark looking stress marks which usually disappear once the light is turned on.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
HF Vendor
Country flag

Qasimja

Country flag
sorry 1 more question on the furan-2 package it says dose once then 24 hours dose again then 24 hours do a water change then start it over again for 2 more doses should i follow this schedule for 10 doses? or just continually dose every 24 hours and not do a water change in between? thanks for all the help again this is a 10G QT the fish are in btw

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
HF Vendor
Country flag
sorry 1 more question on the furan-2 package it says dose once then 24 hours dose again then 24 hours do a water change then start it over again for 2 more doses should i follow this schedule for 10 doses? or just continually dose every 24 hours and not do a water change in between? thanks for all the help again this is a 10G QT the fish are in btw
Follow the water change schedule (every 48 hours), but keep dosing the medication every 24 hours for 10 days.

Qasimja

Country flag
I'm on day 5 of the furan2 treatment it isn't getting worse not getting better either lol I assume it's the copper preventing it from healing properly whatever it is I'll do the 10 day course of furan-2 and update again

I've also been treating them with metro along side furan today makes day 10 of metro so I'm going to stop dosing it

Attachments