Soon 5 years old Triton methode tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Lasse

Country flag
The whole journey of this tank is on R2R and I still update it but I decide to start a thread even here - mostly with pictures. My videos can be found at my YouTube channel:

Since a couple of weeks I have going down in light intensity and try to see how it affect my corals and the daily life of my aquarium. I must say that it seems to be a rather good decision - very much indicate that I had a photo inhibition taking place before.

A picture from early morning today

part.jpg

As many of you know I´m also working in the project to rebuild a public aquaria in my hometown - Gothenburg. During the last days - the roof is mounted. Yesterday it looks like this

IMG_20210310_090955.jpg

Around 22:00 last night (local time) a snowstorm blow up - and this morning we wake up to a typical march thursday in Gothenburg - if it is not raining horizontal ice cubes - its snowing :D

1615453516077.png

Sincerely Lasse

Lasse

Country flag
I´m just running an experiment wher I try to estimate the calcification rate during day and night. In my system -I do not add any alkalinity (Core7:3 a+b) between 10:00 and 22:00. I figured out that if I take the alkalinity with the Hanna Checker Hi755 tats give the alkalinity in ppm CaCO3 every hour during this time with no add of Core7:3 - it is easy to calculate the max calcification rate between the hours. The checker have a accuracy of ±5 ppm - therefore is only possible to see the trend but I think I can get good figures out of this experiment.

Sincerely Lasse

Tristren

Country flag
I´m just running an experiment wher I try to estimate the calcification rate during day and night. In my system -I do not add any alkalinity (Core7:3 a+b) between 10:00 and 22:00. I figured out that if I take the alkalinity with the Hanna Checker Hi755 tats give the alkalinity in ppm CaCO3 every hour during this time with no add of Core7:3 - it is easy to calculate the max calcification rate between the hours. The checker have a accuracy of ±5 ppm - therefore is only possible to see the trend but I think I can get good figures out of this experiment.

Sincerely Lasse
One thing I haven't seen yet with the KH Director is a clear consumption cycle over the day and night. I assume it is because I don't have that much coral mass yet vs total volume...

Tony

Lasse

Country flag
I agree what amazing pictures wish I could have an aquarium that was half as good thx for sharing

I have some gsp growing on my back glass too, do you have to do any trimming to keep it at bay? Or is it corralled by other coral

Thank you both.

Yes I do some trimming of my GSP as I do with other corals too - IMO - my montipora´s growth is more problematic because they create shadow below them.

Sincerely Lasse