thanks doc #4

See-Fu

Country flag
no surprise here. got my 4th shipment from dr reef and everything came out as planned. Fish is healthy and running around in its little prison waiting to be released to the rest of the dt. The package even came w/ a nice ice pack since we've been ahving record 100+ degree heat wave here in so cal lately.

See-Fu

Country flag
well the yellow and purple tang arn't playing nice. hopefully they settle down. i know when i added the purple, my prior yellow was tearing it apart. I was fairly certain that my prior yellow tang would have killed the p urple tang overnight.

See-Fu

Country flag
thhe purple is the aggressive one. yellow tang lookse it might have some bite marks. actually looks almost like ich but there's a line through the center of the dot.

Attachments

• IMG_7597.jpg
    IMG_7597.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 34

See-Fu

Country flag
what i don't get is why this tang wants to stay in the corner that the purple tang is at. there's 5 ft of tank width for him to go to! when the lights start to dim, the' yellow will go to the other side of the tank, and the purple will leave him all alone.

Dr.Reef

Always at your service.
HF Vendor
Country flag
Is that the yellow i sent you yesterday? It looks beat up already. If so I dont think it will last every long.

Last edited:

DexterB

Country flag
Do you have egg crate on hand? You can try to separate the 2 tangs with eggcrate in the tank. Maybe that way you can catch the yellow tang, treat his injuries & let him recover.

See-Fu

Country flag
Is that the yellow i sent you yesterday? It looks beat up already. If so I dont think it will last every long.

yea that's the yellow i got from you this week. If things dont improve by tomorrow I"ll have to catch him and put him back into acclimation chamber and see if things will calm down over the next few days.

I can't put him in the qt system, my prior yellow is in there and that yellow is 2x the size of this one. I'm pretty sure it wont last a few hrs together.

See-Fu

Country flag
if the purple tang is the aggressive one, would it make more sense to put the purple in the acclimation chamber and let the yellow kind of establish a territory?

Dr.Reef

Always at your service.
HF Vendor
Country flag
If i was you take purple out and leave yellow in.
Once its established, then and then only try introducing the purple back in.

See-Fu

Country flag
mike, your yellow tang is pretty awesome. it fought back and now the purple stays away. lol the purple got punked by a larger yellow and now the smaller yellow.