Those things you need in your first apartment

Users who are viewing this thread

ichthyogeek

Country flag
Suggestions, Go!

I'm thinking of three main categories: kitchen, bedroom, bathroom.

Yes to cleaning supplies, yes to OXO mixing bowls, also groceries, but like, what's that one thing you forgot you needed?

JoshH

Country flag
Best thing my wife and I ever bought for our kitchen was a quality Toaster oven (We got a Breville). Heats.up quick, easy to clean, cooks enough for 2-3 people. Summer times with no air-conditioning and not having to heat up a huge oven was a beautiful thing. Then there's your usual other small appliances to have an eye for if the apartment doesn't come with them.

Toilet cleaning supplies, good quality mop or vacuum. We have a hand held Dyson we've had for 6 years now and it's still going strong.

35ppt

Who's got your belly?
Country flag
Why not both? 🤔
1613889678030.png

Tamberav

Country flag
Besides like cleaning supplies and kitchen cookware... mostly apartments are short on space or storage. Even when it seems like there is a lot.

Over the door hangers and hang up laundry baskets and coat racks, spice racks, or shelving seems to become a necessary. My current place has a closet for the bathroom but none of my previous ones did so those little lightweight shelving units for in the bathroom or over the toilet... while ugly can be functional for towels and such.

Generally I am more about making an apartment efficient then making it beautiful. I will save that for my house and for my reef tanks.

35ppt

Who's got your belly?
Country flag
I'm half joking of course, I've done my fair share of console gaming. When I was a kid I traded my Sega CD for a PC and never owned a console since but of course plenty of friends had consoles growing up. Whatever floats your boat. But the experience a PC can give you is second to none.

35ppt

Who's got your belly?
Country flag
Come to think of it I did play Zelda BOTW with a controller on my PC but I think it was because I was having trouble getting the emulator to work with KB/mouse.