Thoughts on combining my 2 tanks - Got to move

wmn999

Country flag
So I am happy that I moving but sad that I can't fit my two tanks in the new house.

I have a 6ft 150 FOLWR with:
Harlequin Tusk
Formosa Wrasse
Red Coris Wrasse
Snowflake eel
Zebra eel
Red Tail Triggerfish (Sargassum)
Niger Triggerfish
Tomato Clown
Sea Serpent

I have a 120 mixed with 75 Gallon sump with:
2 clownfish
1 valentini puffer
1 foxface
1 lawnmower blenny

My newer 120 is the better setup a clean tank. So I will keep this tank. My Fowlr was a re-homed tank 3 years ago and I suspect it might not have been disease free. My plan is to move any fish over in TTM. I am know that my CUC in 120 will be snacks but - I am thinking of moving the Tusk, 2 Wrasses, 2 eels, redtail and seaserpent. My eels are chill, but I am concerned about the smaller fish in 120. Will these fish be ok split into 2 20 gallon systems for the TTM ? (I would have total of 4 20s so I could clean and sanitize)

What do people think ? I will need to rehome the niger and tomato clown and add a serious skimmer to the 120. I also will be able to setup auto water changes at new house. I also might have to speed up my move to a 180 or 220 in the near future.

wmn999

Country flag
I'm a little confused... Are all the fish (from both tanks) gonna go thru TTM? Or just the ones in the 150??
My thought is that while none of the 150 fish have exhibited signs of ich since I have had the tank nor any fish that I have added to the 150 show signs. Should I be concerned that it could be there and if I add those fish to my 120 it could infect the fish in the 120. My 120 fish have been through your QT processes. I learned too late for the 150.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
HF Vendor
Country flag
My thought is that while none of the 150 fish have exhibited signs of ich since I have had the tank nor any fish that I have added to the 150 show signs. Should I be concerned that it could be there and if I add those fish to my 120 it could infect the fish in the 120. My 120 fish have been through your QT processes. I learned too late for the 150.
If you still have time before the move, I would black molly test the 150: https://humble.fish/community/index.php?threads/black-molly-quarantine.55/

Obviously put them down in the sump or in an acclimation box away from the predator fish.

That might save you a lot of time in the long run vs. doing TTM on all of those fish.

wmn999

Country flag
They are both 18inches or so. My zebra is very chill and they are known as safe. My snowflake is i am most concerned about.

The Gob

Country flag
Likely too late but I wouldn't worry about the Zebra. Snowflakes don't usually pose a threat to fish until they reach the 2' mark. Yours is close but I think it should be fine.

wmn999

Country flag
So Glob. Not too late as I am just found mollies yesterday. Been searching high and low. What happens at 2' they get aggressive ? Thank you for jumping in.

The Gob

Country flag
Tend to get quite aggressive at the two foot mark. My theory is sexual maturity but I've never really delved into the subject.