Using Supplements like Vitachem

DexterB

Country flag
I have used Selcon before & just started using Vitachem. How do you personally use Vitachem?

How often do you add to food?
Do you ever add to water in tank?

DexterB

Country flag
I use Selcon & Vitachem on alternating days. A few drops in the food water and then stir. Seems to help fish overcome Lympho and other viruses more quickly.

However, be careful never to use any vitamin supplements which contain amino acids in QT when dosing copper. Amino acids + copper = TOXIC
Thanks!

Hi all, i know this is an old thread, but am looking into food soak supplements at the moment.

So there seems to be a growing product genre from supplements these days and the widest of which i can see is branded under "Continuum" brand here in Australia covering several types of Amino, Omega and other Vitamin supplements for marine fish and reef keeping food sources.

At the moment in Oz "SELCON", "SELCO Boost" products are simply not available. In archive threads from Masa i have read that Australian Customs has destroyed these items, and prevents these from being imported.
Oddly "Continuum" line of supplements seems to be available and i can purchase "SELCO" from at least one Aquaculture supplier at the rate of $300 per litre being the smallest amount.
Further research has revealed "SELCO" has a definitive use by date and the product degrades in time, so bulk buying for Aquaculture hatcheries etc is fine but simply not practical for home Marine hobby use.

So instead of purchasing 4 or 5 products from a particular aforementioned brand for home aquaria use, i was wondering if anyone has tried or is using particular branded pure and natural supplements for human consumption, namely: Krill oil, Astaxantin, Cod Liver oil etc to use as food soak supplements for their hobby use?

before someone jumps in with a sarcastic remark along the lines of, "if you want to risk your 5 grand of fish and coral you go for it" etc.
i thank you in advance for your public forum brain-fart for wanting to state the obvious in such a self elevating manner.

While i hold several degrees in the science field, i am no marine biologist and am just wondering if anyone has ventured to try marine derived human grade supplements as food soaks, for whatever reason has been necessary.

Susan

Country flag
Hi all, i know this is an old thread, but am looking into food soak supplements at the moment.

So there seems to be a growing product genre from supplements these days and the widest of which i can see is branded under "Continuum" brand here in Australia covering several types of Amino, Omega and other Vitamin supplements for marine fish and reef keeping food sources.

At the moment in Oz "SELCON", "SELCO Boost" products are simply not available. In archive threads from Masa i have read that Australian Customs has destroyed these items, and prevents these from being imported.
Oddly "Continuum" line of supplements seems to be available and i can purchase "SELCO" from at least one Aquaculture supplier at the rate of $300 per litre being the smallest amount.
Further research has revealed "SELCO" has a definitive use by date and the product degrades in time, so bulk buying for Aquaculture hatcheries etc is fine but simply not practical for home Marine hobby use.

So instead of purchasing 4 or 5 products from a particular aforementioned brand for home aquaria use, i was wondering if anyone has tried or is using particular branded pure and natural supplements for human consumption, namely: Krill oil, Astaxantin, Cod Liver oil etc to use as food soak supplements for their hobby use?

before someone jumps in with a sarcastic remark along the lines of, "if you want to risk your 5 grand of fish and coral you go for it" etc.
i thank you in advance for your public forum brain-fart for wanting to state the obvious in such a self elevating manner.

While i hold several degrees in the science field, i am no marine biologist and am just wondering if anyone has ventured to try marine derived human grade supplements as food soaks, for whatever reason has been necessary.
I don’t know if this will help you or not.