Vince's planted Freshwater Tank

Users who are viewing this thread

20220208_093743.jpg

This isn't a display tank as much as it'll be a multi purpose for breeding/grow out. However, who says I can't have corals 😛. Already have GSP but I'm gonna get some xenia and kenya tree. All corals I actually like but didn't want it my DT. Is run off of a canister filter as I had it lying around. This tank is supposed to be lower maintence and its in my fish room so not a full on display tank. May get a hob skimmer latter down the line too.

The tank is an oceanic and has similar dimensions to a 55gal. I had all this shelf rock lying around so decided to make use of it here. I honestly do dislike the dimensions for a reef but this will be sufficient. As for biome, I broke down my 15 gal and used all rock and sand from there. Pulled additional rock from my DT and sump. Took advantage of a sale of some carib sea live sand as well.

Vincelovesfish

Country flag
Is this tank still running?
16497796899878013446690970943845.jpg

Yup but currently being used for qt so I could go fallow in my 120. Relocated this to the office. Been thinking about putting an snowflake eel, valentini puffer and a nem with some larger clowns in here eventually. I've also been considering switching this to freshwater so things are in limbo atm.

Vincelovesfish

Country flag
I vote for planted fw, seems you have enough sw tanks!
Yeah I think you're right 🤣 I used to have a 75 community tank so I'd like to have a large freshwater again. I haven't gotten into CO2 but I think setups for this size tank would get expensive. Not that I need to use CO2 but the inner gear junkie wants to try it out

Count Krunk

Play FIFA 21 (or any game on PC)? PM me!
Country flag
Yeah I think you're right 🤣 I used to have a 75 community tank so I'd like to have a large freshwater again. I haven't gotten into CO2 but I think setups for this size tank would get expensive. Not that I need to use CO2 but the inner gear junkie wants to try it out
Def! I had a 55g but sold it cuz o hated the dims so much. However, once my sump gets replaced with a 40 breeder, going to use the 29g for co2 planted. I really want to try my hand with it

Vincelovesfish

Country flag
Def! I had a 55g but sold it cuz o hated the dims so much. However, once my sump gets replaced with a 40 breeder, going to use the 29g for co2 planted. I really want to try my hand with it
I also have a couple 29s lying around that I was considering before you pinged my tank 🤣

Vincelovesfish

Country flag
This still up?
20220517_143304.jpg

Probably gonna drain today. Just bren sitting. Turning it into freshwater just not sure. Looking to setup 2 freshwater tanks. Girlfriend wants goldfish and I want tropical community. Deciding on who gets what tanks.

Vincelovesfish

Country flag
It's been decided I shall take this tank. I plan for a nice planted tank and I'd love to get more seriously into plants. C02 injection isn't out of the question. My only problem is that this light is a marine light and not for plants. It'll function for all your low and probably medium light plants but we'll see if I upgrade that. Probably not anytime soon

Vincelovesfish

Country flag
Check out md fish tanks on YouTube if you haven’t
I qt guppy and a beta. Super easy, I did the aquarium coop method
Oh my friend before saltwater I was heavily inundated with freshwater and i still watch aquarium Co op from time to time. I already have a ton of fw meds ready to go!

Count Krunk

Play FIFA 21 (or any game on PC)? PM me!
Country flag
I’m doing a guppy sale and trade on Thursday. Selling many of my fancy guppies and trading a prime female for a very nice looking platinum male.

Going to run this guy through qt just to be Safe.

Vincelovesfish

Country flag
I’m doing a guppy sale and trade on Thursday. Selling many of my fancy guppies and trading a prime female for a very nice looking platinum male.

Going to run this guy through qt just to be Safe.
I used to breed all the live bearers in my bedroom as a kid. I had a 75 gal, 2 10s and a 30gal. Do you have any pics of yours?

I currently breed shrimp and sell them and I'm going to be seeing up a few more tanka for that. They don't need a heater and sponge filters are plenty. I do want to start growing Java moss alongside of them to sell too. Water wisteria grows rapidly in my tanks too.