Wrasse fight?

mggray87

Dino man
Country flag
My 4 wrasses been together. I remember posting on here that the yellow Cori's is a invert nipper. My male pintail was a beast. He ran the wrasses. Today we discover the male in a hole. And my female hooded which wasn't all that all of a sudden is on beast mode? Attacking the male pintail. He's to the point he will get pined in corner by sand and she will get him a few times like he's exhausted. But I don't see any marks on his side or fins. So not sure if she is actually biting.

Not sure why all of a sudden. She has definitely grown prob bigger body out of all 4. Or is she turning to a male and just gonna wipe everyone out? Trying to figure out what I should do. Catching her is gonna be hard or impossible. Prob a better chance of catching the pintail.

mggray87

Dino man
Country flag
I didn't even know my female hooded had black fins. She was stretching them out and black was coming out. I out a acclimation box in to hopefully catch one. I'd like to catch the female hooded if I can as my pintail is my boy. But now all of a sudden the pintail has some fight. He is now chasing the little
carpenter flasher. And now hooded doesn't seem to be attacking the pintail as of right now lol What the heck? maybe cause the box is in there and it threw off the zen of their house?

OrionN

Anemones
Country flag
How big is your tank? I think for the most part Hood and Pintail isn't going to be much trouble. They may chase a bit and display but likely not going to kill or injure each other
. It sure sound like your Hood is changing to male.

mggray87

Dino man
Country flag
I think it is changing cause the black on fins. Is it changing and just saying I will be the boss. Cause pintail was breathing hard and laying kinda flat under a frag rack and hooded would just mouth it right to his side. But no scales missing or anything. Then he was hanging out at top of tank. Like trying to stay away. So we tried to catch one. And out box in if we did. And it kinda stopped but I'm thinking only cause of the box being new. Then pintail got second wind and was chasing the carpenter flasher wrasse. So he isn't like beat up weakened. I dunno I'm worried. I'm hoping it's just a new pecking order being created especially if she turns. Cause she grew alot.

Waterbox 130. So tank is 100g. 47x23x23

mggray87

Dino man
Country flag
Today they are fine. I wonder if we walked into just a brutal fight. Why? No idea. But I'm hoping they figured out whatever they had clashed over

mggray87

Dino man
Country flag
So today we noticed the mail pintail acting funny. Like at top of water with his head out. Then notice the female hooded fairy or female about to change. Andddddd the yellow Cori's wrasse picking on him. They are double teaming him. Makes me so mad I love the pintail.

I put the acclimation box in the tank and got the pintail to go into the large acclimation box so now he's able to eat and not get picked on. I see a scale or 2 missing so I want him to heal. But here is the thing. Do I get rid of the pintail. And hope they don't double team my small flasher. Or get rid of the hooded and hope that tames the yellow Cori's. Or.. get rid of both yellow and hooded??

Jessican

Country flag
I just got rid of my peppermint hogfish because he was picking on my yellow candy hogfish, and then once I moved the yellow to another tank, went after my ruby long fin wrasse and orchid dottyback. I think that once they get aggressive, removing the target just makes them pick on somebody else, so I would lean toward removing the aggressors. I’m pretty sure the hogfish would’ve eventually killed somebody if I didn’t remove him.

mggray87

Dino man
Country flag
Ya I'm thinking removing the hooded fairy. Even though she might be changing. She's awesome though. Gorgeous.

Anyone want a hooded fairy and or a yellow coris?

I know the girl really likes the pintail colors.

I really.love the yellow Cori's because he's a hunter always looking. I bet he is a great pest eater so I'd hate to get rid of him. But maybe a less aggressive pest eater

Attachments

huntindoc

Country flag
I'm pretty amazed that the H. chrysus is causing any problem. I've never had a problem with one and my first one got to almost 6 inches. Hooded's can be somewhat aggressive and pintails are at the opposite end of the spectrum....one of the most mild mannered fairy wrasses. I would try taking out the Hooded keeping it in an observation tank for a few weeks. This has worked well for me in the past.

mggray87

Dino man
Country flag
I'm pretty amazed that the H. chrysus is causing any problem. I've never had a problem with one and my first one got to almost 6 inches. Hooded's can be somewhat aggressive and pintails are at the opposite end of the spectrum....one of the most mild mannered fairy wrasses. I would try taking out the Hooded keeping it in an observation tank for a few weeks. This has worked well for me in the past.
It's ok. Well re-home her. Cause we have a yellow Cori's that picks snails off and also does what hooded does to my pintail chases it in corner a d mouthes it. Lol.