yellow fish like yellow tang

See-Fu

Country flag
i thought about all those fish too, but none of them are reef safe or i have other tangs in the tank that'll likely cause problems.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
HF Vendor
Country flag
the yellow tang is something though, that yellow is so intense.

The ones from Hawaii seem to have the brightest yellow coloration. However, Yellow Tangs can also be real a-holes to other fish.

Any problems with this fish as far as QT?

They sometimes get infections for no apparent reason, so I recommend prophylactically dosing an antibiotic (e.g. Kanaplex) at least once or two during the QT period. More options listed here:

See-Fu

Country flag
yea, i had a 8 month old yellow tang that beat the crap out of my purple tang when i added it. removed the yellow tang and replaced it w/ another yellow tang that was similiar size to the purple tang. well the purple tang beat on the yellow for the first 3 days and I think after that, the yellow tang was just afraid to do much. 3 weeks later it was stuck to my powerhead.

AndyR83

Way better at fixing people than fish
Country flag
💛💛💛
C7414222-CDDC-4BC9-99D3-173FCA7CD171.jpeg

huntindoc

Country flag
Nice tank.....any issues with aggression since you have 3? I’m also loving the white tail😍

None. They were model citizens among themselves as well as with all the other fish. Saw several large shoals of them when we were in Kona, HI. This was a small part of a much larger group.

pyramid  butterfly (1 of 1).jpg

Paul B

Country flag
Which ones? The small ones are clown gobies and the other ones are yellow wrasses. I am sure they are called other things, but they are always yellow wrasses to me