Yellow tang white spots

Amantijt

Country flag
So the dreaded new fish always seems to have something after QT...just need to decide what it is. ATTEMPTING to get pics but he’s afraid of the camera when lights are off on the tank. Trying to determine ich, lymphocytes or something else. Of course it’s in my DT now...I got my QT up and running again when I noticed small white bump type specs on the yellow tang but need to know what it looks like so I can treat appropriately. No other fish CURRENTLY have the same thing happening to them. It doesn’t look like a blotch more of a white pustule some less noticeable than others but the ones I can clearly pick out you can see are raised when he’s turning around and you get the right angle. As soon as I can get clear pics I will also post them. If it’s ich I have to get another tank as I don’t want to treat for 30 consecutive due to the size of the fish I have and only a 20 gallon qt. My yellow tang being the largest is about the size of a donut lol. Have 5 other fish that I’ve fought hard to keep healthy to run into another sickly issue ugh! Thanks in advance!

Amantijt

Country flag
Trying my hardest to get a good picture but it’s so difficult other half is trying her best lol after 94 pics I kinda got some clarity of the bumps
EE3567D7-9FA0-4C40-8043-48921F3A9348.jpeg
you can’t really tell it’s white in the picture just looks like something under the skin.

Amantijt

Country flag
Went home on lunch got some better pics you will have to maybe zoom in to see what I see. I hope the quality is there for everyone.

Attachments

Amantijt

Country flag
I did notice the belly before but didn’t think anything of it what causes that? and I didn’t treat for anything just observed for 2 weeks. LFS had the tang for a month because of the size, so assumed it was okay they treat their fish with a broad spectrum I know they deworm and a few other things there when they get in fish (or so they say) I don’t really know because I’m not there but they have holding tanks in the back for Qt and there’s always fish in there.

Amantijt

Country flag
If flukes that’s metro right? And that’s reef safe right? I have focus and all that. Tang definitely eats pretty well shoves it’s way around showing the other tangs who’s boss lol and I feed nori daily.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
HF Vendor
Country flag
I did notice the belly before but didn’t think anything of it what causes that? and I didn’t treat for anything just observed for 2 weeks. LFS had the tang for a month because of the size, so assumed it was okay they treat their fish with a broad spectrum I know they deworm and a few other things there when they get in fish (or so they say) I don’t really know because I’m not there but they have holding tanks in the back for Qt and there’s always fish in there.
Could be intestinal worms or the fish just isn't getting enough to eat. Have you ever seen white stringy poop come out?

If flukes that’s metro right? And that’s reef safe right? I have focus and all that. Tang definitely eats pretty well shoves it’s way around showing the other tangs who’s boss lol and I feed nori daily.
Treatment for flukes is prazi:

However, I would probably perform a 5 min FW dip first to confirm flukes:

Have you noticed any scratching, yawning, head twitching? All are behavioral symptoms of flukes.

Amantijt

Country flag
I havnt noticed anything out of the ordinary from her which is odd she seems perfectly fine No yawning head shaking or flashing but I’m also not able to sit there all day lol I wish. She’s a pig so I know she has to poo but I havnt noticed white stringy at all. Catching her will be a feat as big as she is she Is fast. I’ve only seen one fish in my DT flash and he’s got lymphocytes so I food soak every so often with pink stuff with a clown fish on it and pill off amazon it’s a vitamin I can’t remember that either. But other than that I haven’t seen any funny business. Figured she was hungry so I feed a good amount and always offer nori which I see her chow that down. I’ll have to do the FW dip and review the other link here shortly. Thanks @Humblefish ill update after I can confirm or not tonight.

Amantijt

Country flag
If confirmed to be flukes what steps do I take to treat the DT I’m assuming they would drop off and be in the sand bed.

Amantijt

Country flag
So idk if I got some sand in there or what but idk if that’s flukes. I mix salt in this bucket so could be some salt in there as well but doesn’t really look like the fresh water dip was successful. I got him in QT tank I don’t really see the white specs I saw before 🤷🏻‍♂️ I really cleaned the bucket out good so I’m guessing do this again in 24-48hrs. Just sucks because it was so hard to catch!

Attachments

Amantijt

Country flag
I may have missed a key step? I just reread and it says to stop aeration when starting the dip, I did not do that. Could that have effected results?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
HF Vendor
Country flag
I may have missed a key step? I just reread and it says to stop aeration when starting the dip, I did not do that. Could that have effected results?
No, continuing aeration during the FW dip is fine. It just causes any dead flukes to mean waterborne and they won't settle on the bottom until the water is still.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
HF Vendor
Country flag
I would keep a very close eye on that, as those could be Ich or velvet trophonts.

Hopefully they grow in size and develop into Lympho nodules instead:

Amantijt

Country flag
I would keep a very close eye on that, as those could be Ich or velvet trophonts.

Hopefully they grow in size and develop into Lympho nodules instead:
Now I’m even more worried and have to watch my DT even more than I already am ugh. My Lt tang gets some spots like this every now and then but but not on the tail and only a few. I feed the DT what you have on here to boost their immune systems For this and It’s normally gone by the next day or so. I should wait about a week before a conclusion can be made correct ? I have copper power and Hanna meter on stand by. Currently treating with general cure.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
HF Vendor
Country flag
Now I’m even more worried and have to watch my DT even more than I already am ugh. My Lt tang gets some spots like this every now and then but but not on the tail and only a few. I feed the DT what you have on here to boost their immune systems For this and It’s normally gone by the next day or so. I should wait about a week before a conclusion can be made correct ? I have copper power and Hanna meter on stand by. Currently treating with general cure.
How many days before the spots disappear on the Lt Tang?