Tricks of the trade:
1. shut off all pumps
2. let water settle to dead calm
3. adjust lighting to daylight settings
4. adjust White balance to match (I use 8500k)
5. Manual focus.
6. Use a tripod
7. Use the zoom feature on your LCD screen and zoom in tight on the subject you want in focus. Adjust your focus so that one spot is sharp
8. use 100 iso
9. use aperture priority to set your depth of field
9b. You can use full manual mode if you really want to experiment.
10. using aperture priority lets the camera set the appropriate shutter speed.
11. post processing was in Lightroom.